MDB Editor

bels

Hey all. I'm writing a graphical editor that will make creating content easier. I am to be able to create quests, scripted events, new items, new mobs, new npcs and maybe other things later to. In this project I'm teaching myself Qt so while the updates will come, they may come slow and the code be shaky. Go by github and check it out. If you have code to offer just create a pull request for me. I'll be making an actual site for this little project sooner or later.

https://github.com/bels/mdb_editor

Thanks. I'm finding that trying to learn QT (and brushing off my c++ skills) while trying to learn how the Mangos database/data files/server works is proving to be a slow process. I'm wondering if I should push out a first version of this program in a language that I know so I only have learn the mangos stuff for right now. I think I might do this so I can get at least something done that can help me make my cata server more playable.

@bels_ (perhaps you'd like your old username back? :) ) Do it in what you feel you'd like to do it in would say, if it takes some more time so be it, you've probably learned some more c++/qt/database interaction with mangos :) If you feel like it's demotivating though perhaps you should do it in another language to get the feel in for the database first and then continue on with c++. These are just ideas, what you wind up doing is up to you :) I like the idea anyhow!

If you have any issues with the database, feel free to ask :)

I have some questions about the database format. I am now creating the interface for quest editing and I want to streamline it as much as possible at first. I went to https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/mangosdb_quest_template_MaNGOSThree to get information on what the fields mean and unfortunately everything is listed as "TODO". Is there anywhere that goes over what the fields mean. I'd like to get a good understanding on what these fields mean so I can guide users of my program through quest creation as much as possible. Thanks.

Archived