blink patch 2009

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Think no one mentioned that you can use blink in mid air to avoid fall dmg, if you blink from less than 20 yards from the ground whille in mid air you will be ported directly to the ground and take no fall dmg.

Just watch this movie, 3rd Example of how to avoid fall dmg has a mage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4EZN0LpO90

Another good example:

Now the question is, can this be aplyed to Mangos ?

Think no one mentioned that you can use blink in mid air to avoid fall dmg, if you blink from less than 20 yards from the ground whille in mid air you will be ported directly to the ground and take no fall dmg.

Just watch this movie, 3rd Example of how to avoid fall dmg has a mage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4EZN0LpO90

Another good example:

Now the question is, can this be aplyed to Mangos ?

With my "Patch v3" blink will make you stop in midair thus preventing fall damage if used near ground. It will be not exactly the same as shown in the vid, but it will do the job.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, I've just tested the patches (v1, v2 & v3) provided by me in the first post.

Merge against 7690 was successfull and without any conflicts and all seems to work as intended (ie. as described in the first post). V2 and V3 are, however, no longer compatible with 0.12 branch.

Of course it mey need more extensive testing, but that's why I've posted patch here.

Any useful comments and suggestions are welcomed, but posts like 'not working' or 'any news?' ane not much useful ^_^

I know I've promised further improvements, I kinda suspended work on that when other patches (arclite's ...) were posted here, but I will continue.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Here is my version of blink :

http://pastebin.ca/1471849

How should it work:

- This system creates horizontal line between unit and point (this point placed at same altitude, but 20 yards forward) and starts search intersection point with terrain map first. If that line not intersects with terrain it returns ending point

- After that point have been found, system will attempt to find new intersection point with terrain vmap (such as buildings, etc.)

- In case unit has specified movement flags like falling/flying/swimming, system will not perform hole and pit search on terrain. So, if player falls down the terrain and his falling time is lesser than 2.5 secs he will be teleported back to his previous safe location. Therefore, if unit's falling time is longer than 2.5 secs, this unit will be teleported forward, to his ending point.

- In case unit hasn't specified movement flags like falling, flying or swimming (which means that unit walks especially on surface), system will scan terrain in attempt to find holes, pits and caves. When the hole, pit or cave is found, system should stop unit near this object .

updated to 8072

Which one to use. We got Raczman with 2 patches, We got SilverIce, Vincex, Tassader2 and caeruleaus. Which of this many:

1. Works corectly (Fall avoidance, Blink on any terrain, remove negative buffs, etc)

2. No memory leaks or crashes

3. Compatible with latest revisions.

Is there a way to search object in grid without supplying object id?

I know there is a similar way used in .gobject target, but it searches in database, not grid

and most search method have to provide object id to search in grid.

The reason I am asking this is searching object in range and if object type is door (without providing object id), it will get the coordinate of it and check if it is in front of the caster and blink stops in front of the door.

Test SilverIce's patch, works great in many cases, but I succeed falling under the maps in Nagrand xD

BTW it might be improve when the map is not flat, means instead of moving few yards further, shouldn't it moves you 20yards further but at the good Z point?

with like:

while (finalZ < map_Z_20yards_further)

finalZ += 0.1f

It's just a suggestion, I don't know if it's bliwzzliek or not.

Oh and ... Thank you Silver (and all the other patch makers), works great :)