[SOLVED][two]Missing map file

nhunours

Question

Hi,

I had used mangos server (before you merge into 4 parts) and never had problem. Now, I try to make a Mangos Two server.

I've follow the wiki: I've download every files, compiled the server and scriptdev2, extracted whitout error the maps et vmaps file and updated my database. Everything is done but when I launch the mangos server, I've got this error:

2013-09-23 23:11:39 ERROR:Check existing of map file './maps/6092742.map': not exist!

2013-09-23 23:11:39 ERROR:Correct *.map files not found in path './maps' or *.vmtree/*.vmtile files in './vmaps'. Please place *.map and vmap files in appropriate directories or correct the DataDir value in the mangosd.conf file.

I've got the last client (version 12340). I tried to recompiled the server project but nothing change. Maybe it's because I've got the french version client? Can you help me?

Thanks in advance!

13 answers to this question

The message is a bit weird, usually mangos would print the full path. The ./ could lead to mangos trying to find the map folders from where you started up the server instead.

Check the DataDir settings please, and if you're on Linux make sure the server has appropriate permissions to read from these directories.

Thanks for your response!

I check again the DataDir (I tried with ./ and only the dot). I was looking for the missing file and and don't found it in the maps folder. :(

I'm on Windows but I check the permission : it's OK.

I tried to run the ad.exe and vmap batch with admin account but the 6092742.map is always missing. So weird...

Edit: I read some information. on the mangos two repository, I can read this:

*MaNGOSTwo* is a full featured World of Warcraft 'WoTLK' server, including authentication and world content serving, compatible with client 3.3.5a (build 12340). *Mostly Playable*

But in the README it's write:

MaNGOS Two is a full featured server for World of Warcraft, in its WotLK version supporting clients from the patch 3.3.4 branch, specifically patch 3.3.4.

Do you think I need to downgrade (or uninstall and install Wow again to the v3.3.4) ?

No need to downgrade your installation. 3.3.5a is the correct version. The readme file provides the wrong information.

If you set a dot as DataDir then your map folder must be in the same directory as the mangos process.

Do you use the ad.exe from contrib/extractor/ for mangos two?

Hi Hikari! Thanks for your answer!

If you set a dot as DataDir then your map folder must be in the same directory as the mangos process.

Yeah, it's done. (the missing file is really missing in the maps folder)

Do you use the ad.exe from contrib/extractor/ for mangos two?

Hum... I don't remember if I use this one or the ad.exe from extractor_bin. I'm going to make a test and come back!

Edit: T_T no it's doesn't work

Ow! I didn't notice this one... I always compile with the main project ;>_<;

I'm going to compile with the right project and tell you if it's done ^^ thanks!

Bwaaahhhhh didn't work T_T, now, I try to lauch ad.exe with the admin autorisation. After this, I try to uninstall the wow Client and re-install it again. It's really strange! Maybe I'll try an old commit of Mangos TWO after. But thanks for your help!

Re-edit: After recompiling every project and reinstall the Wow Client, gotcha same error: missing the 6092742.map (not in the maps folder). I'll try with an old version of Mangos Two I think

Hi,

i got the Same Error !

ERROR:Check existing of map file '/opt/mangos-server/maps/6092742.map': not exist!

fresh installed Wow WOTLK 3.3.5a (german)

Mangostwo from github - cloned 21.10.2013 and compiled on "Ubuntu Server 13.04 x64"

maps extracted in Windows 7 x64 with "ad.exe" from the "extractor_binary" folder

and with the new compiled "ad" in "Ubuntu Server 13.04 x64"

same results - file is missing !

If I had to guess, I'd say this was caused because you're extracting from a TBC client that has been patched to 3.3.5, but has not had the Wrath expansion installed on it.

Oh?! But I download the full client :( I'm going to check the client version tonight. Thanks for the advice!

Edit: Oh god.... I just see that!

http://www.clubic.com/demo-jeux-video-451-0-world-of-warcraft-client-complet-v3-0-1-8874.html

and

http://www.clubic.com/demo-jeux-video-9041-199339-world-of-warcraft-wrath-of-the-lich-king.html

I think I took the wrong full client.... You right! I'll tell you if it done later. Cya' !!!!

Oh?! But I download the full client :( I'm going to check the client version tonight. Thanks for the advice!

Edit: Oh god.... I just see that!

http://www.clubic.com/demo-jeux-video-451-0-world-of-warcraft-client-complet-v3-0-1-8874.html

and

http://www.clubic.com/demo-jeux-video-9041-199339-world-of-warcraft-wrath-of-the-lich-king.html

I think I took the wrong full client.... You right! I'll tell you if it done later. Cya' !!!!

Just sent you a message :)

Archived