Multiple World Servers on One Realmd Process

freeman725

Question

I made a post a while back asking about tying multiple world servers to one realmd server. I got the solution but the post has since been deleted. I remember a line of code in the world server solution needed to be edited and then recompiled but I can't remember where it is. Thanks in advance.

6 answers to this question

Hey,

For multiple realms with one login server is possible.

You just need to add an additional realm in the realmd database under a new ID and in the mangosd.conf just make sure you change the realm ID to the one in the database.

If you are running multiple realms on the same IP you will need to change the realm port in the mangosd.conf file aswell.

Hopefully from what I have written you can figure this out. We run a similar system on covenant-wow.com

What I'm trying to do and what was accomplished in the past is run multiple revisions of mangos on one realmd process. As of now I have Zero, Two and Three and they all run on the realmd process of my Two server. I've recently compiled and set up a One server but have to run a separate realmd process for it. Someone once explained to me what line of code had to be edited in the world server in order to work with the same realmd db revision of another core. I just can't remember what I had to do.

Hey,

The only fix I could personally suggest which I've had to do in the past for Covenant-wow would be to add a further columm to the realm_db_version table

If you are using phpMyAdmin go to "structure" for realm_db_version and add a further columm with the version information the server core is requesting.

[attachment deleted by admin]

From reading that I think the process has been cleaned up and all realmd now have the same revision of the database.

The only requirement is that you run the realmd from the highest version of the core you want to run, i.e. mangosone or two.

then run mangosd's from each of those cores.

You will need to add entries into the realmdb for each of the realms as well

I remember that question and also my advice I gave you. I searched through my posting history and I think you're right. It's deleted.

If it is true what Antz said that all realmd have the same revision, then no adaptation is required anymore.

Otherwise my solution does basically the same as Madmax', but instead of adding the, for the core, expected column to the database I change the definition in the core.

Open shared/revision_sql.h of your servers Zero and Three and change the variable REVISION_DB_REALMD to the value of your Two.

Afterwards recompile Zero and Three.

That's what I was looking for and thanks a million. One is requesting the realmd db version corresponding with it. Most likely because I'm using the regular MaNGOS db with it. All my other cores are using either ytdb or udb. Your solution worked for me back then by the way. I've had a few problems with three and random disconnects, but, it's a very old revision and I don't mess around with it much. I mainly use zero and two. And now one. Thanks again!

Archived