installing a mangoszero server

wattz

Question

Hello i am currently trying to get a mangoszero server up and running for my gaming community ,i have downloaded the precompiled lastest version (nice touch with adding those btw) ,i have extracted the maps and placed them in my main server folder ,downloaded the database as instructed in the guide and ran the bat to create a single sql ,i made a database called wowclassic (using wamp) and imported the full sql into wowclassic ,changed my .conf files to direct to the database but the server opens and shuts immediatly after checking the log it says ...

2013-10-27 01:52:24 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.
2013-10-27 01:52:24 World Database total connections: 2
2013-10-27 01:52:24 MySQL client library: 5.1.49
2013-10-27 01:52:24 MySQL server ver: 5.5.24-log 
2013-10-27 01:52:24 MySQL client library: 5.1.49
2013-10-27 01:52:24 MySQL server ver: 5.5.24-log 
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_r2441_01_mangos_db_version FROM db_version LIMIT 1
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_r2441_01_mangos_db_version' in 'field list'
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR:The table `db_version` in your [WORLD] database indicates that this database is out of date!
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR:
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR: [A] You have: --> `r2434_01_mangos_scripted_event.sql`
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR: [b] You need: --> `r2441_01_mangos_db_version.sql`
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR:You must apply all updates after [A] to [b] to use mangos with this database.
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR:These updates are included in the sql/updates folder.
2013-10-27 01:52:24 ERROR:Please read the included [README] in sql/updates for instructions on updating.

So i went to the sql/updates for the read me so i could apply the updates as the log suggests and there is no readme file ,i managed to apply some of the updates others returned errors [img alt=:(]https://getmangos.eu/Smileys/default/sad.gif[/img] and wouldnt install ,i'm totally lost to what i need to do to get the database updated without errors ,is there some kind of mangoszero video explaining how i set this up correctly ? or if possible if you dont mind ofc is there any chancesomeone can show me where i am going wrong via teamviewer please ?

Kind regards wattz

23 answers to this question

Ok ,I've started from scratch ....rather than use the precompiled one i've compiled my own and uploaded it to my dedi , i think i have confused myself upon reading the guide ,i need 4 databases yes ?

1/ world

2/ Characters

3/ Login

4/ Auth

pretty sure where i have gone wrong is that i have just installed 1 database with the full_db.sql created by the bat file from the github database ,could someone please let me know which .sql's i am using in these 4 databases as the guide didn't explain that.

in my server/sql folder i have these

y9q2.jpg

Characters goes into the Characters database ,but which is for the world ,login and auth databases ? :o am i using the full_db.sql for one of these ?

You will need four databases:

• [li]character database[/li]
    [li]realm list database (for adding realms and user accounts)[/li]
    [li]world database[/li]
    [li]script database[/li]

The empty templates for character, realm and world database are included in the mangos-zero sources. Inside the SQL folder characters.sql is for the character database, realmd.sql is for the realm list and user account database, and mangosd.sql is for the world server database.

For the world database, after importing you can overwrite it with the database from http://github.com/mangoszero/database which contains full game content. The file in the mangos-zero sources is just there for tracking the database structure.

The script database can be found in the script library sources from http://github.com/mangoszero/scripts in the SQL folder. There are three SQL files here which are required. A file to creature the database structure, and file with the content, and there is mangos_scriptname_full.sql which is imported in the world server database to activate the scripts from the script library.

A note on the update error before: the database from http://github.com/mangoszero/database/ includes all update packs, so you do not have to import any of these. But: the current update pack in the develop directory is not included since it's not ready for release. This means if you apply 209_corepatch and 209_updatepack, after importing the database, you will have a database compatible with the lastest mangos-zero sources.

I hope this clears up any fog :)

Good luck, and let us know how things worked out.

Hi :) Well i have progressed further now thanks to your help :D i think what you explained to me should be added to madmax's guide would be helpful for other noobs like myself .....i have the vmaps,mmaps,dbc and maps folders in my server ....only problem i have now is mangos.exe crashing upon load :'( realm starts and stays open fine but mangos.exe gets a app crash

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: mangosd.exe

Application Version: 0.0.0.0

Application Timestamp: 526d0cc9

Fault Module Name: StackHash_944a

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.18229

Fault Module Timestamp: 51fb164a

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 00000000000c4102

OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.272.7

Locale ID: 1033

Additional Information 1: 944a

Additional Information 2: 944a36c0466f178e2f79422a13626d13

Additional Information 3: 795e

Additional Information 4: 795e9215c1be99a78e269ab4b1aa321f

Maybe was caused by me having realm.exe running first ? which order should i start them in ? ,i started mangosd.exe without realm running and it gets to the end and closes this is what was in my log ,where am i going wrong ? :-[ i have a trinity 3.3.5a running is the below because they are trying to use the same port? if so what port should i be changing in the .conf files ?

2013-10-27 17:32:14

2013-10-27 17:32:14 ERROR:Failed to open acceptor, check if the port is free

2013-10-27 17:32:14 ERROR:Failed to start network

2013-10-27 17:32:14 Halting process...

Hi,

If possible could you attach any logs from the crash or server.log for us to look at ?

The startup order does not matter.

If you have trinity running on the same ports then you will need to alter them both in the config files and on the database under the realmlist table.

Hi,

If possible could you attach any logs from the crash or server.log for us to look at ?

The startup order does not matter.

If you have trinity running on the same ports then you will need to alter them both in the config files and on the database under the realmlist table.

Hi Madmax ,the crash issue seems to have resolved itself after rebooting the dedi ,i turned my trinity server off while i tested and my mangos server loaded up perfectly :) only thing was when i started my wow client after altering my realmlist.wtf to my server ip i could not connect to the server i kept getting dissconnected on the login screen (made a account via the mangos console) any ideas what may cause this ?

Also in regards to the ports which port numbers should i be changing is it 3306 ,3724 ?

trinity and mangos use the same ports by default and would clash

i have just changed 8805to 8806 and 3724 to 2725 in the .conf and in the realmlist database edited 8805 to 8806 and have mangos running ,but i cant seem to login still :( ,could you let me know which other ports i should be changing in the .conf and if at all which part of the databases i need to change as well please if you don't mind ?

*edit

Would changing the 3306 to 3307 work ? i have tried with just changing the .conf and now the server wont load as cant connect to the database , where in my databases do i edit the 3306 to 3307 ?

LoginDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3307

WorldDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3307

CharacterDatabaseInfo = "127.0.0.1;3307

You need to update the realm port in the database under the realmlist table. Otherwise the client wont know about the port change.

Yep i have all ready done that

ed3u.jpg

i still cant login to the game from pc tho :( and thats with trinity running and without it running it makes no difference ...i get the below messege

d123.png

and the account name and password is 100% correct :/

As I read from your previous post you run the server on a dedicated machine and your client is on a different machine. But your address in the database is still localhost which don't work if the client and the server isn't on the same machine. Change the address in your database to your servers IP address.

Also if you have changed the port 3724 to something else you have to add the new port number to your address in the realmlist.wtf file such like:

set realmlist <ip-address>:<port>

As I read from your previous post you run the server on a dedicated machine and your client is on a different machine. But your address in the database is still localhost which don't work if the client and the server isn't on the same machine. Change the address in your database to your servers IP address.

Also if you have changed the port 3724 to something else you have to add the new port number to your address in the realmlist.wtf file such like:

set realmlist <ip-address>:<port>

Hi Hikari , i have changed the ip in the database now to my dedi's ip ,and have now gone into my realmlist.wtf and edited it to set realmlist 176.227.209.170:3725 and starts to connect to the server when i put my login details in but each time i now get "disconnected from server"

Make sure the new ports aren't blocked by the firewall (client and server side).

Further check mangosd.conf and realmd.conf again to make sure there is no fault regarding of the port number.

Yep was the problem for some reason the port has not forwarded correctly :/ i turned firewall off briefly and could connect no problem at all :),thanks everyone for helping me out i really appreciate it ;)

No doubt i will be back with noob mistake soon :P

*working as it should with firewall back on again ,thanks again all ;D

The script database can be found in the script library sources from http://github.com/mangoszero/scripts in the SQL folder. There are three SQL files here which are required. A file to creature the database structure, and file with the content, and there is mangos_scriptname_full.sql which is imported in the world server database to activate the scripts from the script library.

Sorry to be a pain but i think i may need some help in regards to the scripts database ,the 3 SQL's i have imported are

1st into scripts database "scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql"

2nd into scripts database "scriptdev2_script_full.sql"

3rd in World database "mangos_scriptname_full.sql"

only noticed this earlier when i went to add a second realm ,i have a log file called "SD2Errors.log" inside is the following

013-10-29 19:40:35 Unable to open configuration file. Database will be unaccessible. Configuration values will use default.

2013-10-29 19:40:35 Configuration file version doesn't match expected version. Some config variables may be wrong or missing.

2013-10-29 19:40:35 Missing Scriptdev2 database info from configuration file. Load database aborted.

2013-10-29 19:40:35 Script registering but ScriptName npc_kinelory is not assigned in database. Script will not be used.

2013-10-29 19:40:35 Script registering but ScriptName npc_stinky_ignatz is not assigned in database. Script will not be used.

2013-10-29 19:41:05 Unable to open configuration file. Database will be unaccessible. Configuration values will use default.

2013-10-29 19:41:05 Configuration file version doesn't match expected version. Some config variables may be wrong or missing.

2013-10-29 19:41:05 Missing Scriptdev2 database info from configuration file. Load database aborted.

i dont get this as the Scriptdev2 has been imported into both my scripts databases for both realms :/ ,any idea what i may have done wrong ?

Usually you can find the configuration file in the output directory, which is the same directory as for the core, after you compiled the script library.

Besides you can find it in the root directory of the scripts repository. Rename it from scriptdev2.conf.dist.in to scripdev2.conf. Edit the file and set the correct database credential.

Your instruction for updating is the error message in the log.

You need to apply all updates after the version [ A ] (r2434_01) to [ B ] (r2441_01).

Now you go to the update folder and looking for updates after [ A ].

In your case there are only to updates to reach [ B ].

• z2439_sxxxx_xxxxx_01_mangos_command.sql
  • z2441_sxxxx_xxxxx_01_mangos_db_version.sql

Archived