Instalation Guides

sinextension

Question

It's a shame...no matter how much i search..all i find is 50% guides...were ppl assume..noobs already installed msql..already got the data base folder...

How do u expect a next generation of mangos.. if u Dont have a complete guide at least..for installing Mangos One for example... from scratch ..

Shame...it takes a noob like me a day..to put all head to head..even if is not my first time...but looking @ for the new scriptdev2..core..db.. m never certain m

getting the updated ones...since all i see is Outdated...and i like having a guide in my face since i dont built servers every day..and m always afraid i might

forget smth...

Honestly : Shame for the Forum Moderators..Shame

Please see our compilation and installation guides at our Wiki :

https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/MaNGOS%20Installation

Pls tell me were is the Mangos One installation guide for xp ...i rlly need it...and dont send me to outdated guides..or incomplete guides ..i am a noob

8 answers to this question

The problem that I know I personally run into for making a guide for xp is I don't have xp. I don't even have windows to test the guide I could write. I wrote a decent guide for FreeBSD (https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/Freebsdinstall) for three that probably can be adapted to work for other cores. The prerequisites are the same across platforms so you would just need to see how you would get that prerequisite satisfied for windows xp.

Have you tried https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/WindowsInstallVM? I can recommend that guide to you because it is from scratch. It's valid for all Windows versions and the virtual machine part is fully optional, so you don't have to use a virtual machine if you don't want to.

Just some adjustments, because it is not clearly stated in the guide:

If you use Visual Studio 2010 then you open the files mangosdVC100.sln and scriptVC100.sln

If you use Visual Studio 2012 then you open the files mangosdVC110.sln and scriptVC110.sln

At thesegment of downloading and importing the database data it forgot to mention about importing the realmd and characters databases.

In your folder server/sql/ you will find the files characters.sql and realmd.sql. Apply them to the appropriate database.

After you successfully imported the world database in step two of the segment downloading and importing the database data I recommend to update the world database rather than on the end of the installation process. Also this will prevent possibly inconsistent scriptdev2 entries.

In order to check which updates are required you open the database table db_version and look at the title of the third column. In case of the current development of mangos-one it is required_s2034_12522_01_mangos_db_script_string.

Now you go in your folder server/sql/updates/ and look for sql files which are higher than s2034_12522_01. In your case you're lucky. It is only one, in fact s2049_z2424_xxxxx_01_realm_db_version.sql. Apply this file to your world database and the update process is finished. Because the updates are done you can skip step 21 through 32 in the segment of configuring mangos later in the guide. Continue normally with step three (load scripts database entries).

In step three of the segment downloading and importing the database data the commands should be

cd ..\..
cd server\src\bindings\scripts\sql
mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_clear.sql
mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_full.sql
mysql -u root -p scriptdev2 < scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql
mysql -u root -p scriptdev2 < scriptdev2_script_full.sql

If you read all instructions properly you should be able to set up your own server.

If you have any problems or questions don't hesitate to ask.

Have you tried https://github.com/mangoswiki/Wiki/wiki/WindowsInstallVM? I can recommend that guide to you because it is from scratch. It's valid for all Windows versions and the virtual machine part is fully optional, so you don't have to use a virtual machine if you don't want to.

Just some adjustments, because it is not clearly stated in the guide:

If you use Visual Studio 2010 then you open the files mangosdVC100.sln and scriptVC100.sln

If you use Visual Studio 2012 then you open the files mangosdVC110.sln and scriptVC110.sln

At thesegment of downloading and importing the database data it forgot to mention about importing the realmd and characters databases.

In your folder server/sql/ you will find the files characters.sql and realmd.sql. Apply them to the appropriate database.

After you successfully imported the world database in step two of the segment downloading and importing the database data I recommend to update the world database rather than on the end of the installation process. Also this will prevent possibly inconsistent scriptdev2 entries.

In order to check which updates are required you open the database table db_version and look at the title of the third column. In case of the current development of mangos-one it is required_s2034_12522_01_mangos_db_script_string.

Now you go in your folder server/sql/updates/ and look for sql files which are higher than s2034_12522_01. In your case you're lucky. It is only one, in fact s2049_z2424_xxxxx_01_realm_db_version.sql. Apply this file to your world database and the update process is finished. Because the updates are done you can skip step 21 through 32 in the segment of configuring mangos later in the guide. Continue normally with step three (load scripts database entries).

In step three of the segment downloading and importing the database data the commands should be

cd ..\..
cd server\src\bindings\scripts\sql
mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_clear.sql
mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_full.sql
mysql -u root -p scriptdev2 < scriptdev2_create_structure_mysql.sql
mysql -u root -p scriptdev2 < scriptdev2_script_full.sql

If you read all instructions properly you should be able to set up your own server.

If you have any problems or questions don't hesitate to ask.

And if i am using Xampp for mysql..?

Way should i tipe

#mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_clear.sql

#Password "here"??

And Way so complicated?? cant i just use Execute Sql from "navicat,etc"?

Of course you can use the mysql server provided from xampp.

#mysql -u root -p mangos < mangos_scriptname_clear.sql

#Password "here"??

The parameter -p will ask for the password right after you execute the command. You can include the password in the command, so you don't have to do two steps.

mysql -u root --password=yourPassword mangos < mangos_scriptname_clear.sql

Sure you can also apply the files via navicat, but sometimes there are problems with huge file sizes so you have to use the command prompt. Also you're much faster with command prompt when it comes to a huge amount of files you've to apply, especially with a loop.

In the guide mentioned above there is a point where you've to execute make_full_db.bat in order to create full_db.sql and this huge file is to big for navicat. But if you prefer executing the files with navicat you can apply all the files from mangosdb/_full_db/ instead of full_db.sql.

Another option would be to split full_db.sql in two or three files in order to reduce the file size, so navicat can handle it. The choice is yours.

I see u did int understood that is exactly wut i did..i included my password in the command..exactly as i tiped under the qoute..and still asked for password...

Either way..i got it all working...got angry and apllyed the patches from Navicat myself..took me some time to understand were those mangos......sql had to

be added,the script dev 2 i already knew...

All is working fine now..onlly thing that still angry me is that i took the db from git..and it's supose to be the newest one..well

Here "OneDatabase 1.0.0 for MaNGOSOne s1881+ and ScriptDevOne s2670+" :| ...i got it working with script dev2 that should be the newest one but is

"ScriptDev2 (for MaNGOS s2036+) " and i saw a " s204-" after that...

Haven t yet patched the db becouse "required_s2034_12522_01_mangos_db_script_string" and wen i try to aplly that

i get :

"[Err] 1054 - Unknown column 'required_s2010_xxxxx_01_mangos_spell_proc_event' in 'db_version'

[Err] ALTER TABLE db_version CHANGE COLUMN required_s2010_xxxxx_01_mangos_spell_proc_event required_s2034_12522_01_mangos_db_script_string bit;

[Msg] Finished - Unsuccessfully"

I know discusing about db is bad..but hell m noob..recomand me a DB to go well with sd2..at least

And if u try to go back a lil..u get to the first patch..

Also another pissing of stuff is that i hate to aplly each and every patch manually..

so i use "merge_updates_windows.bat" to make one big one...no who had the idiotic idea to trow..Characters and realmd sqls

in the update folder?

I foght characters and realmd r already up to date..wen u start updating ure db..so u put them there for more work?doging them and stuff?

Now i dont even wanna start discoursing about the core..

I don't know where merge_updates_windows.bat comes from, but it is a bad idea to merge all updates, because you can only apply new ones, not old ones. Also these updates are an outcome of one year of development. And sure within this year there happened updates to characters and realmd database as well, which are now already part of the database by now.

I just noticed, that the most recent update only affects the realmd database and since you had set up a new database, the realmd updates are already included. So you don't have to update anything. I'm sorry I messed something up there.

Basically you're good to go after just installing the database and without any updates at all.

Archived