Big Questions

sinextension

Question

Well ..got my Tbc up..Mangos core..db..sd2.acid 4 tbc

Issues..

How do i fix Kiljaeden? he working find..only problem is SPELL_DESTROY_DRAKES kills all players..actually kills anything that kiljaeden consider a target..

Couldn't find the spell anywhere in the db ... so i might think there is a problem within the core..might not read the spell.dbc properly or dunno..

Also the Kael Boss...only first Taskmaster comes to fight ..he dies..and nothing happen no second taskmaster no nothin...

Any way i can fix any of these?

Few more questions..

bumb bumb bumb ~deleted~...sorry for the attitude..i haven't slept engoff

Sorry for that

9 answers to this question

We appreciate all help here, you seem to have the impression that we have a team of hundreds working on this project, that couldn't be further from the truth.

We have about 8 devs contributing to 3 Mangos cores, along with the database and script work.

- 2013 was Mangos Zero's year where the core had a lot of attention to get things fixed. We are hoping to yet a majority of things wrapped up in the next few months and the code fixes transferred to the other cores.

As for us being lazy.... almost all of us have full time jobs and families and do as much work on mangos as we can in our free time. Remember, we are all UNPAID VOLUNTEERS - we do this because we enjoy it !!

90% of people never report back any issues to the devs, then moan that stuff is broken.

- If you have any useful scripts and patches, please let us know. We will try and include them.

As an example of some of us trying our utmost to help....

I barely know c++ but I am working hard trying to pull together the pieces to get the mangos four (MOP) core operational.

- For me this a mammoth undertaking, but I am making steady progress and documenting where I can.

We have openly asked for volunteers to help with the coding effort involved - so far I can count on one hand the people who have offered their services.

So I ask you to go to the issues page on github and raise the issue, this way the devs can not miss it.

Please don't think that i'm being overly defensive, but there is lots to do - and not enough people to help out doing it.

and finally....

Merry Christmas

I like your reply Antz. I'm interested in Mangos Three. Are DB fixes much required as like as the c++ core fixes? I can't C++ but I know how to fix some stuff in DBs.

If you have some DB fixes for Three please let me know. Now since the holidays are winding down I plan on hitting the database hard and getting fixes in and would be happy to include anything you may fix.

Archived