SQL: can not execute 'UPDATE account SET last_ip = ? WHERE username = ?' what ca

kris914g

Question

hey i have newly compiled Mangos zero version 1.18.1 for first time and my databases har hosted on godaddy so my freinds can make a character on wow.nssgaming.com

but i got some errors and it can come then i logout then i will not save my character's new gear and what i have done with my characters that was just one of the examples but you can see them here i think all

the errors are the same i dont know how i can Discrepe i corretly but i think you will understand then you see the errors

errors:

SQL: can not execute 'DELETE FROM characters WHERE guid = ?'

SQL ERROR: Lost connection to MySQL server during query

SQL: can not execute 'UPDATE account SET last_ip = ? WHERE username = ?'

SQL: can not execute 'UPDATE realmlist SET population = ? WHERE id = ?'

and the terminal typed it with red

13 answers to this question

hey i have newly compiled Mangos zero version 1.18.1 for first time and my databases har hosted on godaddy so my freinds can make a character on wow.nssgaming.com

but i got some errors and it can come then i logout then i will not save my character's new gear and what i have done with my characters that was just one of the examples but you can see them here i think all

the errors are the same i dont know how i can Discrepe i corretly but i think you will understand then you see the errors

errors:

SQL: can not execute 'UPDATE realmlist SET population = ? WHERE id = ?'

and the terminal typed it with red

Looks to be an issue with the libraries for MySQL or not programmed correctly. After doing a test run, it appears to lose its connection with the MySQL after a period of time. This needs to be corrected. I'll look into this later, sense I'm busy getting packets for 5.4.x.

To get back to the MySQL issues, of the random d/c on MySQL Server. I did some analysis on the MySQL system and did find out what is causing the issues, from zero to four.

The MySQL call functions are out of date to the update structures of 5.5.x to 5.6.15. To solve this issue, the functions to use the MySQL Libraries need to be rewritten to fix the

issue of 30 minute uptime for MySQL to Core. The 5.1.x structures in Mangos Projects need to be update to 5.5.x +. Only way to fix the issue.

You can always download 5.1.14, which is the version defaulted with mangos zero.

Public data base...will always have issues..since msql has a " max_allowed_packet " and if many servers use the db same time..then DC's or loss of conection...'

Except having a rlly per formant server with a very very good internet connection...either way..i would more likely prefer to have the db in my own box..

The issue is that the MySQL connection was lost during mangos processing.

I normally suffer these myself when accessing a MySQL database on a slower Virtual PC I run and attempting to bulk import database entries.

- but can also can timeouts on larger queries.

In this case I normally copy the update sql to the server where the db is running and perform the updates 'locally to the database' server.

Since these errors are occurring from mangos and the db is somewhere other than where mangos is running this points to a issues:-

1) The connection between the mangos server and the database server is too slow (normally upload speed is the killer here)

2) The Database server is not up to the job of running the db.

Hope this helps

Archived