[ZERO] Visual Studio 2013 - Compile - winsock.h = Missing?

Agency

Question

Greetings everyone, I'm compiling in VS 2013.

On the Rel19 (ZERO)core, i get this error :

error C1083: Cannot open include file 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory

How do i get this file? And were it it supp

3>F:\Project Titan\Rel19Uncompiled\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace/config-win32-common.h(467): fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'winsock2.h': No such file or directory (..\..\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace\Barrier.cpp)

THIS :

F:\Project Titan\Rel19Uncompiled\dep\ACE_wrappers\ace\Barrier.cpp ( does exist )

But the error shows for multiple files in there.

Thanks in advance.

16 answers to this question

If someone of the Developers team can solve my Build environment i'll donate a small fee to mangos.

EDIT:

I fixed the error listed above with SDK Windows install package.

Now I'm stuck with this compile error... sigh...

error compile.png

578feb4d2a2d9_errorcompile.png.df5ac8d35

Alright. According to our own tutorial, visual studio 2013 is incapable of building MaNGOS. I could be wrong, but the last I heard, 2013 was not supported yet by the community. I was able to build Zero just fine about a week ago with VS 2012, though.

Also, you should be using the mangos-zero.sln file.

Alright. According to our own tutorial, visual studio 2013 is incapable of building MaNGOS. I could be wrong, but the last I heard, 2013 was not supported yet by the community. I was able to build Zero just fine about a week ago with VS 2012, though.

So swap back to 2012 and try again? Does that mean i'd have to recompile ACE for 2012 aswell?

I'm in the process of trying to build just the server with 2012 right now and so far so good, but i just barely told it to start building a debug copy. I'll edit this post shortly with a final output for everyone.

EDIT: Well, this compiled faster than I expected. I didn't even realize it was done for like an hour-and-a-half. wink.png Either way, in 2012, I was able to compile M0 just fine on Windows 8.1u1.

I don't know what to say other than to follow this tutorial to the letter and use Visual Studio 2012. And ignore anything in regards to installing operating systems, unless of course you are installing on a blank machine, then you kind of have to install Windows. wink.png

PS: Sorry, lfx. My computer jumped right as I hit the edit button.

For the 2013 compile, have you installed mysql/mariadb? Sorry if i'm repeating a question from earlier. If i remember i'll give this a go on vs2013 on my local computer during the weekend.

Ey MySQL is installed indeed, mariadb not... what is this?

EDIT: I recompiled ACE_Wrappers with 2012 visual studio and then compiled the core with 2012.

Still the same errors, and yes i have MySQL 5.5 installed. And followed the Guide entirely.

I dont have a mangos-zero.sln :o

EDIT:

I finally got it compiled guys!

( although Rel19 isnt working ) Just compiled the normal MaNGOS zero

Can you please check whether you have the VS updates applied ?

After researching this issue, it appears that some Windows SDK files are missing from your system.

Something to remember is that Rel19 is due for release at the end of the month !

Failing that, I'll take a look with teamviewer

Archived