Old Man WoW

5even

OK, so I got "peter pan" syndrome, so what :P

Anyways, huge game player, love php/mysql, have over 6,000hrs wrapped in retail wow - not to mention hundreds of other MMO's and games (can be reached on STEAM via klyxmaster)

I am a huge fan of vanilla wow, as that was the version that made WoW a legend today. You had to work your ass off to get anywhere, and when you got something you were proud - and earned it.

Other than that, I am considered an old-fart (but not really, at 50yrs old I pass as late 20's - early 30's - tyvm dad! :-) )

But I can smoke anyone in DDR - and even build them - have a website for that if anyone is interested

I've writen several php apps for editing the sql for wow, and vanilla wow - all of them were based off quice, but I wanted something that could be cross system

even created my own sig, that can be used on any vanilla server by anyone.

so

HI

Welcome to MaNGOS, 5even! :D

You may be pleasantly surprised to discover some of us here are well past the age of 40, though I do admit we're vastly outnumbered by the "young'uns". :P

I find it's not really unusual to find older video game fans. After all, Pong is over 40 years old and Pac-Man isn't far behind!

We always need all sorts of useful tools and other things. Feel free to work up whatever web tools you like. There's been many server front-ends and player account web interfaces developed over the years, but few of them have been maintained. We have some interesting web tools available in our MaNGOS Tools repository, hosted at Github. You might want to also have a look at old projects like AoWoW, WoW Armory, and MangosWeb Enhanced. You're welcome to put your stamp on them, updating and improving those old projects when not busy creating your own awesome scripts.

We just recently released a completely overhauled MaNGOS Zero, which is for "vanilla" WoW. It also has a new scripting engine that uses Lua, brought to us courtesy of the fine team at Eluna. You can set it up yourself or give it a go on our official test server, hosted by Covenant-WoW. Either way, I hope you like what the team has done!

Pull up a comfy chair and have a cup of whatever while we grouse about how much better things were in the "good ol' days". ;)

Welcome to MaNGOS, 5even! :D

You may be pleasantly surprised to discover some of us here are well past the age of 40, though I do admit we're vastly outnumbered by the "young'uns". :P

On our raid groups, even those older than me call me "dad". I think it became catch phrase because my boys called me that (team-speak)

We always need all sorts of useful tools and other things. Feel free to work up whatever web tools you like. There's been many server front-ends and player account web interfaces developed over the years, but few of them have been maintained. We have some interesting web tools available in our MaNGOS Tools repository, hosted at Github. You might want to also have a look at old projects like AoWoW, WoW Armory, and MangosWeb Enhanced. You're welcome to put your stamp on them, updating and improving those old projects when not busy creating your own awesome scripts.

I have spontaneous burst of enthusiasm. I have svn aowow and some armories, but they are very bumpy for vanilla.

We just recently released a completely overhauled MaNGOS Zero, which is for "vanilla" WoW. It also has a new scripting engine that uses Lua, brought to us courtesy of the fine team at Eluna. You can set it up yourself or give it a go on our official test server, hosted by Covenant-WoW. Either way, I hope you like what the team has done!

I noticed, it completely crashed my php/vanilla editor (php version of quice for vanilla). most of the variables are gone, and the rest are case-sensitive causing me to fix lots of capitolizations LO

I like my php, because its portable - from pc to linux and mac.

anyways, i'll pop in from time to time :-)

hello here are gurus and i think you can help me solve this issue: ==>

When I run the MangosWeb from my local pc, it runs fine. But when I upload it to my host, install on them, make user admin, login, start configuring at "site config" when i make changes and wanna update config, it gives me the error "Fatal error: Call to undefined function saveConfig() in /site/inc/admin/template_files/admin.siteconfig.php on line 13"

What can I do? Thank you very much!

this is script of same file, i find similar problems and they speak about hosting php something missing are this true? or something else? what you think?

1<!-- Start #main -->

2<div id="main">

3 <div class="content">

4 <div class="content-header">

5 <h4><a href="?p=admin">Main Menu</a> / Site Config</h4>

6 </div> <!-- .content-header -->

7 <div class="main-content">

8 <?php

9 if(isset($_POST['task']))

10 {

11 if($_POST['task'] == 'saveconfig')

12 {

13 saveConfig();

14 }

15 } ?>

16 <div class="mini-nav" style="width: 98%;">

I don't think 5even's introduction thread is the place to ask for support for php troubles. Anywho...

Nice to see another vanilla fan around. I've been playing wildstar lately, and it has some of those 'hardcore' type things that vanilla did, but nothing will ever capture that awesomeness that was wow at the time. Going through beta & launch with wildstar has given me some chuckles... People complaining about little things not being perfect, etc. I remember when wow was in it's early days, there would be rollbacks, crashes, etc. Sometimes going back almost an hour's worth of playtime. Maybe people are spoiled nowadays. Anyways, welcome!

I don't think 5even's introduction thread is the place to ask for support for php troubles. Anywho...

Nice to see another vanilla fan around. I've been playing wildstar lately, and it has some of those 'hardcore' type things that vanilla did, but nothing will ever capture that awesomeness that was wow at the time. Going through beta & launch with wildstar has given me some chuckles... People complaining about little things not being perfect, etc. I remember when wow was in it's early days, there would be rollbacks, crashes, etc. Sometimes going back almost an hour's worth of playtime. Maybe people are spoiled nowadays. Anyways, welcome!

How about the login ques!! I dont anyone has that issue anymore - I remember waiting for like 30min just to get on a server!

I did CBT AND OBT wildstar. glad they kept the tried and true game method (ofc they are the old blizzard staff too, so that helps) but not gonna dish out $60 bucks for another sub MMO. those days are over. I either play my vanilla, indie game or the latest SP game on STEAM.

MMO's are just boring these days (cookie cutter), just eye candy with copy cat game mechanics

Archived