[Solved] Zero Rel20 setup

mmclean

Question

Hello I apologize ahead of time if this thread is misplaced or a repeat, I feel like I have spent all day on the forms and instructions in an attempt to build.

-

Trying to put up a zero build rel20 on windows 7 .

I have reached the point of the setup where it refrences :

-

22) Navigate to "server\src\bindings\scripts" and copy the file "scriptdev2.conf.dist.in" "C:\Mangos"

-

but there is no bindings folder, as well I cant seem to find this file or a like of anywhere.

As well on step 9 it calls for this folder as well but the files it asks for are found in the scripts folder.

-----------------------

Also in the begining of the windows walk through it says :

FOR MANGOS ZERO

“C:\MangosSource\server\bin”

--- yet there is no bin folder in the distribution (git clone --recursive https://github.com/mangoszero/server.git)

If anyone could give me a little direction that would be awesome!! and thank you

3 answers to this question

Ok, my apologies if some of the documentation is out of date.

I'll try and explain the steps here.

git clone https://github.com/mangoszero/server.git mangossource --recursive -b Rel20

Then navigate to the mangossource/win folder and open the BuildEverything solution and build it

This will create the bin folder containing all the files you need

The scriptdev2.conf entries are now merged into the mangos.conf file.

I did start on a new guide specifically for Rel20:-

getMaNGOS WIKI

Ok so a little further after starting fresh, but I am stuck here:

12) Open SQLyog and connect to the databases

13) Click on the + beside realmd

14) Right Click on realmlist and select ‘Open Table’

----------------------------------

My realmd is empty but my Mangos DB is populated with all of its tables.. did I miss the instruction to import this?

I have read everything and cannot find a section in the Rel 20 instructions you pointed me towards that populats the realmd db.

----------------------------------

This is the only place we run a script to populate the db, and it only does mangos, no realmd:

"cd database/_tools

make_full_db.sh

mysql -u root -p mangos < full_db.sql"

Archived