underdog

I want to make it short.

Forgive me faults, english is not my native language, never learned writing, i do it with a dictonary on my legs.

I heared almost three years ago from that project. A friend needed help to compile and fill up the world with live. To help me out, i designed a database prog. It is still working, but not with buttons, to give it away. So, what is does, it converts from sql in my database, so i can work around with the files. My big problem was and still is, i do not have internet connection. The learning curve was very hard, to understand colums, but i am ready to work offline with the creature.sql and what needed to fill the database back in sql. I do not understand all the code for the sql, to bring it easy back to the server, but it works.

So what i want to say is, if someone wants to look at my tool ( i think that is one) and find it worth to make it function for the rest here, i will finish it. It was build with a non free software (i bought it) but everthing i build, i can share. It can not connect to the server, all i can do is, extract the datas and insert in the tool, work with the datas and bring it back to the server, all offline, depending on my internet problem.

Wh i am here? The friend shares his internet, but i have to travell a long way ... so hook to the www is limited in time.

Do i run the game? Sometimes, if i have time. What i do is, to keep the creature on a standard, my friend like to play. I was frustrated, every new version, comes with a new creature database, not bad at all, but most times the npc arent at the same place where they have to be. That was the start of my tool. It holds a version of the npc he like. After a new version of the server, i change every npc, who is not a quest-giver or quest relevant, or put new in or out, what ever he want me to do. Now i change (try, didnt find out the right calculating) the loot rate. Now i implement a region field, will say, if he says he want only the npc from region x, i can give him what he espect.

Oh, my tool figures out the npc problem, if they have a wrong entry with movement points. It corrects it automaticilly. Also, i can give npc a movement, if he wants it. Once corrected, i still have it.

Please stay peasant, if my response is not quick, i will do my best.

Thanks to read this, and have fun.

underdog

If i'm ready your message correctly...

Each update has fixes for both the server and the database

- With the database you have two choices:

1) Update your existing database with the updates

2) Replace your existing databases with the new one.

If you have lots of custom content, you should use option 1.

we have many guides on the wiki https://getmangos.eu/wiki

• 3 weeks later...

Hi antz.

Nope, it should be maybe my translation. I mean, i have a database-prog/GUI i dont know what realy is. Fact is, i take all the data out from the sql server, convert it into my prog, so i can work on it. Reasons are like one of this i explane straight:

the walk and the run number was (maybe it still is) after a new installation different. the biggest number should be ( i guess) the run (hack cant find the right word), so i wrote a little script in my tool to convert it right (the problem i have is, i do know nothing from sql) so i convert it back to sql

or some of the loot-ratings are not what my friend like, so i raise it up or down (whatever he want). What i say is, i still have this creature database updated offline on my computer.

After a new (whatever he likes to play database) many of the npc are not there on on the right place he says. So, i bring my creature, loottable ... back on the new installed database (i do not touch the questgiver, only the mobs, i still can, but he wants it that way) also i can add or delete mobs all offline, because i do not have internet where i live (argh).

I make a screenshot from my tool, an try to show it next time (have it home not with me). If you think it is uesfull, i have to write scripts to automate the tool, otherwise you have to learn the languages of the tool, for now it works still by hand, not to click a button.

Thank you for replay.

Have a nice day and everone who is reading this.

underdog

Archived