client crash 1.12.1 client

kris914g

Question

hi i updated my graphics Card to the newest version, and then i try to open a wow client i hear the music and i see a black screen in a few seconds and then wow is minimized and i can't really see or open the client. then i thought it was my graphics Card (and i was right) so i uninstalled the graphics Card driver and tryed with the windows standard driver and it worked again then i so installed the driver again i got same problem. i have also tryed to change the resolution for the screen to the lowest but that din't helped too. so i don't know what to do. do any of you know what i can do to keep my newest driver? and still play 1.12.1???

2 answers to this question

I will say this. I built my mother's gaming system and if she goes past a certain driver version (I forget which, I am at my house about an hour away) WoW 1.12 acts silly and sometimes refuses to start. She has an nVidia card. Dad updated it once and she lost a lot of performance in Star Wars and WoW failed to start. I reverted and all was golden. Some of these newer drivers are made for current versions of WoW, not the original.

Archived