Hi, I've been playing WoW since 1.7, and I love and miss Vanilla WoW, so naturally I've been playing on a lot of private servers, and of course I've found most of them to be buggy to varying degrees. I'm hoping that contributing to MaNGOS will help reduce the overall bugginess of vanilla servers and also give me an opportunity to experiment with making some changes / tweaks to 1.12 that I've been dreaming of for a long time.

My background

I've been programming since I was a kid, and working with computers professionally for... geez, I don't know, a long time. Since before the .com boom and crash. I've mostly been on the Unix side of things, with small exposures to Windows over the years. A lot of my work recently has been in system and database administration.

I was also in the Army for six years, where I worked on the electrical and avionics systems in a bunch of different aircraft.

Archived