Noobie looking for help

teddybairs1

Question

I am running Debian Stretch/Sid. I just got mangoszero-server-master to compile using a script I found online. I've been trying to figure out how to extract the data files from the Warcraft 1.12 folder (also found online) in order to get it to run (as well as direct the configuration files in the right direction). Looking online, there seems to be several references to binaries or scripts for extracting the data and maps from the Warcraft Data folder, but I can't seem to find them in folders created after compilation.

I'm not sure of the mangoszero version, it was just called mangoszero-server online. According to the change-log it is 0.19 (2014-07-09) - Ludas Legacy. I have another version in another tarball which I downloaded from this site as well: MangosZero_Rel20_Release_x32_March2015

The script is just called "mangos-installer".

Should I use the script to compile this one instead? The script is the only way I've been able to get it to compile. I'm not really a coder (I've only learned a little C++ and BASIC, but I'm really rusty in both). I've only been able to get a few things to successfully compile on my own by following good instructions for noobies.

I would really like to get this running. I recently discovered WoW, but I don't like that I have to be online to play it.

I realize I'm just a noob, and these questions are probably very easily answered, but if you could just direct me to those answers I'd appreciate it. Thank you.

• Answers 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived