wolverine

Question

Does anyone have an untainted copy of 3.3.5a? I've been all over the place. Either someone has had them all removed from torrent sites or they are no longer seeded. This is very frustrating indeed. Either way, I need a copy of the Wrath of the Lich King client. So if someone has it or knows where I can get a usable copy, it would be greatly appreciated. This last copy appeared to be good until I went to extract the vmaps then it crashed because the MPQs had been tinkered with and no one said anything about that. :(

There is another copy that I might be able to use. I play from time to time on Heroes WoW so might be able to use their 3.3.5a client. It's got an expansion pack in it, but it's strictly client side as far as I know. I'll give that a try, but if you do know where to get an untainted copy, it would be greatly appreciated. I have no clue if this will work so a backup option would be greatly appreciated. :)

5 answers to this question

Alright. I have a new problem. I downloaded the VS 2013 redistributable like the instructions said, and I downloaded VS Studio 2012 express but there is no vscp120d.dll. I just did some research and Microsoft is saying that this is not something that is freely distributed anymore as it is for system level programs. I've searched all over my computer and the file does not exist. So... How about this... Does someone already have a copy of a precompiled Core 2 server that I could just download? For some reason I can't compile and the precompiled that madmax uploaded doesn't work for me either because of this missing file. So, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could just help me through this.

[MENTION=1]madmax[/MENTION] could provide virtually any client version, in enGB localisation.

The vscp120d.dll can be obtained in a legacy way only within VS 2013 (IDE but not redist, because this is a debug library version). This fact renders the precompiled Mangos server versions unusable if only you do not wish to use a third-party standalone dll.

Alright. I haven't even gotten to the Visual Studio bit yet. I'm following this walkthrough and am having trouble with the section for the bindings script database. I can run the mangos_scriptname_clear.sql file just fine, but when I try to run mangos_scriptname_full.sql it tells me this:

ERROR 1146 (42S02) at line 1426: Table 'mangos.scripted_event_id' doesn't exist

Now, if I am following the instructions, the instructions should work, right? I'm going to go through the clear file and see if there might be something missing or overlooked over the years, but this is very frustrating to me. I use to be able to import, configure, compile, configure and run a successful server in a matter of an hour, I on't understand why it is suddenly so difficult for me. :(

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Alrighty. Thanks for the info, everyone. I got it working finally. I was using an old tutorial instead of the new one. I'm starting to wonder if we shouldn't be including these tutorials in the actual git repos so that they can hopefully be a little bit more up to date. Anyway, thanks again. All done, got a debug copy of Core Two up and running. :)

Archived