[Guide] HowTo: Run multile instance of mangosd deamon

Corsol

Hi to everyone!

today i will explain my search result on how to run multiple instance of same mangosd deamon, to have multiple realm active on same server.

First of all, what we need:

- Two (or more) copy of "mangosd", "characters" and "scriptdev2" schema inside database engine (or multiple MySQL installation on different server)

- Two (or more) copy of run folder. So each demons need to be in his own folder with all other components (library, conf file, etc.). This means that you have to do a copy-paste of main deamons folder after each compilation to deploy changes across each deamons folder.

The only one folder that you do not need to copy-paste is the "data" folder with maps, vmaps and mmaps folders extracted from client. This can be the only one for every mangosd deamon.

For example (in unix operating system) i want to have two running mangosd deamons, so my folder structure will be something like this:

1) \mangosRoot\Run1

\bin

\etc

\include

\lib

2) \mangosRoot\Run2

\bin

\etc

\include

\lib

How to do it:

Now if "Run1" (like in example) folder is the installation directory declared in "make install" command you can directly run mangosd as usual (.\mangosd in shell console).

If now you want to start the second mangosd from "Run2" folder as usual, it will use he "Run1" configuration file and you have two mangosd deamons that use the same database and the same configuration file.

The trick is to add a parameter that specify the configuration file to be used. This parameter is: "-c \path\to\conf\file.conf". That's it!

The realmd deamon must be only one (or at least only one per mangos core).

Naturally you have to set the rigth configuration inside conf file (like deamon port, database binding, etc...) and also the realmd database table about active realms.

Note: if you want to run the same mangos core (Zero, One, etc...) two (or more) times you don't need to have multiple copy of "Run" folder, but only multiple copy of configuration file. This isn't applicable to database, that need a copy for each mangosd deamons.

So that the way to have more than one mangosd deamon running on a single server!

Hope this will help!

Archived