bdebaere MySQL 5.7 / develop21

bdebaere

Question

The original Mangos source had a static, built in MySQL library which was close to 6 years old when I started rewriting the build system. For security reasons, we decided it would be better to use the MySQL library installed on the specific system the core is compiled on. This offers more flexibility for what MySQL version your core is built with as well as better system compatibility. However, it does require you to have MySQL installed.

Hello,

Any reason why Easy Build does not recognize MySql? I assume since I have the server installed I have the required libraries?

mysql.jpg

bdebaere

mysql.jpg.f5c141f3b042f490570e61289788d0

6 answers to this question

Is it possible to get Develop21 branch without EasyBuild and without Cmake, SSL or MySQL 5.6? Is there a guide for this?

Or is EasyBuild the only accepted way of getting it?

EDIT: I just noticed Develop22 in the bug section of the forums. Google yields no results for me. Is it available for download yet?

List of the present (actual) guides is here.

When you install an already compiled (built) program, you need some prerequisites to run it. These are OpenSSL and MySQL for Mangos. They contain necessary librarires.

When you compile a program, the prerequisites mentioned above must contain not only libraries, but also the special text files telling the compiler how to interact with the libraries. The files are called header files, or simply headers. (In the Linux distributions, libraries usually are contained in PackageName or PackageName-libs, and headers in PackageName-devel.) Also, you need the stuff to do actual compilation. This is MS VS and CMake under Win.

Archived