Problem with extracted maps

Mirthel

Question

"./maps/0004331.map is non-compatible version created with a different map-extractor version"

I get this error. I have re-extracted the maps 3 times with the latest rev21 files. and get this error as soon as I start mangosd

im running version 21 structiure 11 content 1

7 answers to this question

"./maps/0004331.map is non-compatible version created with a different map-extractor version"

I get this error. I have re-extracted the maps 3 times with the latest rev21 files. and get this error as soon as I start mangosd

im running version 21 structiure 11 content 1

I'm currently experiencing exactly the same issue with MaNGOS ZERO. I'm running the latest commit on develop21, compiled it on a unix machine. I used both the tools that were compiled and the ones that came with the version of 21 we can download from these forums. The tools that were compiled do absolutely nothing, while the tools i got from the forums work, but when I put the files into the right folder I get exactly the same error on exactly the same .map file.

Anyone care to give us some advice?

UPDATE 13/04/16 @ 20:31

I found that compiling the rev20 files and then using that map-extractor works.

[MENTION=8241]Mirthel[/MENTION] - please specify what OS and build system you have used, so we can figure out what is the real issue.

[MENTION=8301]craimasjien[/MENTION] - the rev21 extractors do not work if the wow.exe file is not present along with the /Data directory. Place the extractors and wow.exe in the same dir and please confirm that they still don't work.

[MENTION=6820]H0zen[/MENTION], I can confirm that that's indeed the case. They seem to work. However; You might want to change how that works because of the fact the OS X version of World of Warcraft obviously doesn't have a wow.exe. I specifically downloaded a Windows version to test.

[MENTION=8241]Mirthel[/MENTION] - please specify what OS and build system you have used, so we can figure out what is the real issue.

[MENTION=8301]craimasjien[/MENTION] - the rev21 extractors do not work if the wow.exe file is not present along with the /Data directory. Place the extractors and wow.exe in the same dir and please confirm that they still don't work.

Im using windows 10. I followed the guide for mangoszero, but with the gits from mangostwo. im on wow build 3.3.5a 12340

and all has worked well untill I was going to boot the server and got this error.

for everyone in this thread.....

can you post the EXACT name of the Warcraft .exe you have in your world of Warcraft folder ?

The Windows version I had these results with was WoW.exe (version 1.12.1, build 5875).

I also made a PR for a possible fix for the issue outlined by [MENTION=6820]H0zen[/MENTION] here, in which this tool is unusable for OS X installations (e.g. looking for WoW.exe).

Archived