Server Running! Time to make and share a bug fix

Wryshu

Question

With a little help, I have mangos zero Rel21 up and running great on a free Amazon EC2 micro (CentOS 7.x) Now, I found a few bugs and want to fix and share. If I can get some help getting through this once, I will continue to fix & share.

Here are two bugs I found during the first 30 minutes testing:

1) In the first case, when a rogue uses gouge, the enemy character model (so far just humanoids: scarelets, zombies) sometimes appears to turn it's back, but it is in fact not turned around, and the rogue needs to run around to the other side to back stab. I want to stop the appearance of the mob from being inconsistent with the direction it's actually facing, then share the fix.

2) When you talk to Gordo to get the gloomweed quest, he stops walking, then doesn't start walking again afterwards, at least not for a long time.

If someone could help teach me how to do these two, I'll share and keep on testing/fixing.

Thanks again!

Regards,

W.

2 answers to this question

Yeah I tried to fix problem 1 but I failed. I guess there is a possibility to solve that but not with my knowledge I have. The explanation of the bug was very good. Mangos actually safe the orientation of the NPC when he "finalized" his movement. And this is the attackmovement towards the player not the turning moving. I found no solution for this problem so far. May be next year.

Well I have an idea. May be I can solve this problem. I try it tommorrow. Today its too late.

-No my idea does not work for all cases. I wont try it.

The first problem is an issue from the beginning of the wow emulation, so I lost my hope for a fix, it has to do which how emus handle creature movement and then updates it, I recall there was a setting in Trinity or I could be wrong, that made the core update more precisely this value, but in general the idea is, when a mob comes to you to melee range the core tell it to only visually face you on the client while retaining on the server the old face position when you first aggroed the mob or even as far as not storing any facing data and only update its position and facing data when you move further enough to trigger another movement update, it happens with abilities that stuns or incapacitate a mob and if you kill it you can see that sometimes the dying animation is facing totally to a random position instead of facing to you...

For the second I think its fixed by now and is only that the core tells the NPC to stay in its place for far too long before resuming its current path movement (which can be easily fixed by tweaking this value on the source), it used to be an issue because on older cores the NPC wont resume its path movement for the time being unless killed or forced to respawn which made waypoints for NPC that speaks to the player useless...

Archived