extralismizer

Question

Hey guys,

I had to implement my mangos-one to my new Ubuntu 14.04-machine. Last thing to do is to convert my existing databases to the new versions. I realized I was running a pretty old version:

Characters:

s1699_xxxxx_01_characters_characters

Realmd:

s1706_xxxxx_01_warden_data_result

The required Versions are:

Characters:

20001_02_dbdocs-Update

Realmd:

20150409_Playerbot_and_Warden

The Update-folders on the github-content AND the archived server here on getmangos don't reach enough back to help me. They only go back to:

Characters:

19000_Release_019_Initial

Realmd:

z2424_sxxxx_xxxxx_01_realm_db_version

Can anyone tell me where I can find older updates? Or can you just copy the files content here?? That would be great! Thanks in advance!

5 answers to this question

Hey guys,

sorry for not reply earlier - I was on vacations and could not work more on my server...

As my realm-db is very small (I suppose I have like 10 or max. 20 accounts) I decided to add the accounts later manually and just change the account-IDs afterwards. Like i can still access the old database (it is on another PC) This should be the savest way.

But on the way there i faced another "challange": The maps & vmaps

- Just using the old ones (sometimes the easiest way even works!!!) didn´t work :(

- Following the instructions on the "WIKI --> Installations Guides --> General --> Extracting Game Assets" will fail at "Then compile ad". The directory simply doesn't exist. What did I do wrong??

- After a short search i found on /opt/mangos-server/bin/tools/ some files called map-extractor, vmap-extractor and so on. The file-names are promising, but i could not find any file called "ad" - and that was the first extractor to be running.

Now my questions: Did I do anything wrong at compiling so far, or does the WIKI-guide just not apply to my version of mangos? If so, what do I do?

Thanks a lot so far!

Wow, that is old !!

I have checked through our archives and there are no updates after your update prior to the initial Rel19 update :

You have uncovered and update issue as your character version doesn't match the last update for mangos one (yours is newer).

so in the meantime can you run this against your character database:

ALTER TABLE character_db_version CHANGE COLUMN s1699_xxxxx_01_characters_characters required_19000_Release_019_Initial bit;

This will get you to the initial Rel19 update, you will then need to apply all the updates in:

database/Character/Updates at develop21 * mangosone/database * GitHub

Rel19 - but you don't need to run 19000_Release_019_Initial.sql

Rel20

Rel21

Do that and report back, then we'll take the realm database

Thanks antz!

I have done as you told, and everything worked fine. I could update the DB until the very last of the queries and all worked fine. Starting the starting the server (./mangosd) does not produce an error on characters DB anymore :)

I just wonder... By changing "manually" the characters_db_version to a newer version (which does the command you have given) without applying the updates between, doesn't that cause problems in the game later??

I did a hunt threw all the archives updates and could not find any character updates after your one until the Rel19 initial commit

- So on this occasion, you should be fine

Your Database was from Rel17, we are now working on getting Rel21 out of the door :D.

Were you able to update the realm database ?

- This might be a little trickier, as the realm database was always supposed to remain updated across all cores, but wasn't

Plus it's now a separate central repo.

Let me know any issues you have !

Archived