[three]&[two] install fails at eluna

Sims

Question

Hi,

I have followed the 17th march install guide for Ubuntu 16.04 LTS, to the letter, and with a fresh install. I tried with both TWO and THREE, same problem but at different points it fails, only common thing is that its at Eluna.

The only selection i made except from whats standard in installation, is "Client Tools".

After that it starts building, and this is what happens, every time. Tried with fresh OS install as well.

[ 35%] Building CXX object src/modules/Eluna/CMakeFiles/LuaEngine.dir/LuaFunctions.cpp.o
In file included from /home/mangos/three/src/server/src/modules/Eluna/LuaFunctions.cpp:23:0:
/home/mangos/three/src/server/src/modules/Eluna/UnitMethods.h: In function ‘int LuaUnit::AddAura(Eluna*, lua_State*, Unit*)’:
/home/mangos/three/src/server/src/modules/Eluna/UnitMethods.h:2214:77: error: cast from ‘const SpellEffectEntry*’ to ‘uint8 {aka unsigned char}’ loses precision [-fpermissive]
             uint8 eff = (uint8)spellInfo->GetSpellEffect(SpellEffectIndex(i));
                                                                             ^
src/modules/Eluna/CMakeFiles/LuaEngine.dir/build.make:254: recipe for target 'src/modules/Eluna/CMakeFiles/LuaEngine.dir/LuaFunctions.cpp.o' failed
make[2]: *** [src/modules/Eluna/CMakeFiles/LuaEngine.dir/LuaFunctions.cpp.o] Error 1
CMakeFiles/Makefile2:1176: recipe for target 'src/modules/Eluna/CMakeFiles/LuaEngine.dir/all' failed
make[1]: *** [src/modules/Eluna/CMakeFiles/LuaEngine.dir/all] Error 2
Makefile:127: recipe for target 'all' failed
make: *** [all] Error 2
There was an error building MaNGOS!

8 answers to this question

Hello everyone,

I've seen that this post was the march 27th, and I have the same matter with building mangos three on linux Ubuntu 16.04.
So I put this message here, and I hope it's the right place.
Please keep us updated, thanks to all the team !

Archived