Installdatabases.bat stuck on loading character database

hggeren

Question

I recently tried to install the precompiled version of mangos zero with playerbots x64 that was posted here. I'm running windows 7 with all dependencies installed on a virtual machine. When I try to install the databases using the provided batch file (installdatabases.bat) it gets stuck on "Loading character database". I've now waited an hour and nothing has happened. I've connected to the database and checked it, no new tables have been added in the last hour. It generated the world db without problems. How do I fix this?

Untitled.png

Managed to fix the DB now. Had to insert data into the db_version table myself to make it work since the update SP wasn't present, so the core kept thinking the DB was outdated. Now I'm stuck at incompatible maps... Seems like the maps I use for the Elysium Core don't work here. I'll extract new maps using the included extractors and let you know how it went. Thanks for the help so far, though!

The mangos_full_db.sql contains all the world .sql files. You can also run make_full_WorldDB.sh to remake this file.

The only scripts you should be running would be updates you might be missing. Going to be heading off for the night, good luck :)

Good night and thanks once again for the help!

Managed to get the core working now. Logged in and created a few test characters. Then I enabled playerbot. Now the core just keeps creating a bunch of level 1 bots indefinitely and I'm not even able to log in anymore. Says the server is down. Is this intended behavior?

Looking at the aiplayerbot.conf you can find:

#AiPlayerbot.RandomBotAccountCount = 50

so at startup he setup any Character for the Account amount. For example 50 Account with an amount from Max to Min bot Amount.

#AiPlayerbot.MinRandomBots = 50
#AiPlayerbot.MaxRandomBots = 200

Server is down because it's not running before Characters are set up. 

Seems like it's up and running now, but there are a lot of level 1 bots that are just standing still, doing nothing where you spawn when you log in for the first time. Is this normal? Those two entries in the conf file, yeah. Do I have to uncomment (remove the #) for them to work? Thanks in advance

Not sure but, the details you found on comment are like Default data.

So when mangosd.exe starts, if aiplayerbot.conf exist he knows that Bot Players must be generated, then he try to read configuration, and if can't find custom configuration he start with default.

If you need different values from Defaults just uncomment and set values that you need.

Ok, I'll try that, thanks. I'm also having issues with a friend not being able to connect to my server from a different network. I've forwarded ports 8085 and 3724 and turned firewall off completely on my server. My friend cannot connect to my server, but gets through authentication. He is stuck on realm selection. This same setup works flawlessly with the elysium core. Anything different about mangos zero?

I turned playerbots off to remove the spam from my server window. It seems like the mangosd never receives any packets for some reason. He can connect to realmd.exe, but not mangoszero.exe for some reason. Anyone got this up and running for WAN use?

Archived