Installdatabases.bat stuck on loading character database

hggeren

Question

I recently tried to install the precompiled version of mangos zero with playerbots x64 that was posted here. I'm running windows 7 with all dependencies installed on a virtual machine. When I try to install the databases using the provided batch file (installdatabases.bat) it gets stuck on "Loading character database". I've now waited an hour and nothing has happened. I've connected to the database and checked it, no new tables have been added in the last hour. It generated the world db without problems. How do I fix this?

Untitled.png

12 minutes ago, Talendrys said:

I got this running but it was before the add of the external/internal ip address in the DB.

I used 2 realms records, one for internal use, one for external use.

Tal'.

Not sure if it's needed to have 2 entries. I actually got running with only 1 entry on a Windows.

I think it's related to Mangosd.exe and some configuration issue not to Realmd.exe (the one which actually look at realmlist table).

Indeed, you are right. However, my configuration was only allowing external clients to connect to the right "public ip address".

The mangosd.exe must always listen on your "local" IP address that holds the connection towards your gateway. (e.g.: if you have an IP 192.168.1.5 which is part of your LAN 192.168.1.x, this is basically the IP you should be bound on).

Another solution is to set the "Listener IP" on "0.0.0.0" to listen to all IP's. However, if the routes are misconfigured on the Linux system, you could end up receiving packets on that interface but sending back responses on another one, which will never work.

Can you please explain us better your network configuration ?

Tal'

23 minutes ago, Talendrys said:

Indeed, you are right. However, my configuration was only allowing external clients to connect to the right "public ip address".

The mangosd.exe must always listen on your "local" IP address that holds the connection towards your gateway. (e.g.: if you have an IP 192.168.1.5 which is part of your LAN 192.168.1.x, this is basically the IP you should be bound on).

Another solution is to set the "Listener IP" on "0.0.0.0" to listen to all IP's. However, if the routes are misconfigured on the Linux system, you could end up receiving packets on that interface but sending back responses on another one, which will never work.

Can you please explain us better your network configuration ?

Tal'

Not sure, but i think he have both realmd and mangosd working on the same machine, that is portforwarded to the WAN by is router.

Hey, I managed to get it working by setting my address in realmd to my wan ip on my router, so all is well, thanks a lot for the help! :)

Any of you guys know how playerbot commands work? I've created a druid with the purpose of healing, and whispered it the heal command, but it keep casting wrath and going oom, only healing itself when it is in trouble and ignoring me. Am I doing something wrong?

Archived