Mangosd systemd service exiting

Yutsa

Question

Hello again,

I tried to set up services for systemd to run the server. The unit for realmd works fine, however the one for mangosd exits after a few seconds.

It works perfectly fine if I start mangosd manually from the command line. I'm thinking it might be because mongosd is interactive, you get a shell to interact when using it. But I'm not sure that it's the problem

I'm linking a screenshot of the issue.

Here's my service code : 

[Unit]
Description=WoW Vanilla service
After=network.target mysql.service

[Service]
Type=simple
User=mangos
WorkingDirectory=/home/mangos/zero/zero_server/bin
ExecStart=/home/mangos/zero/zero_server/bin/mangosd -c /home/mangos/zero/zero_server/etc/mangosd.conf
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

As you see it looks like nothing wrong happened but the process just finished cleanly instead of staying alive.

Capture d'écran de 2017-04-29 19-14-56.png

5 answers to this question

However in the installation guide for Debian Jessie, it says it is supposed to work.

Any ideas ? I'll keep looking into it !

EDIT: I found a workaround ! I just set it to run in a separate tty and it works fine this way. Here's the service file :

[Unit]
Description=WoW Vanilla service
After=network.target mysql.service [email protected]

[Service]
Type=simple
User=mangos
StandardInput=tty
TTYPath=/dev/tty3
TTYReset=yes
TTYVHangup=yes
WorkingDirectory=/home/mangos/zero/zero_server/bin
ExecStart=/home/mangos/zero/zero_server/bin/mangosd -c /home/mangos/zero/zero_server/etc/mangosd.conf
Restart=on-abort

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Maybe there's a better way to do it, I kind of hacked this together but it works at least.

Well I'm glad to have contributed then !

Everything is working fine, I tried using my external IP, I forwarded the port and everything but I can't connect with my public IP, surely because I'm on the same network.

But it's great it's working fine. Now I'll have to try and look on how I can try to contribute to this great project

I have found that adding the systemd auto-start leads to failure. It should work, but I was unable to reach success. 

In the end, I stopped realmd and mangosd, removed them as services, and deleted the configuration files I created.

I have not had any trouble starting realmd or mangosd manually. You can even make a script to 'manually' run them.

Archived