Ubuntu 16.04 zero aiplayerbots

n3n8f9unf2nf

Question

My install went fine but I am having trouble getting the player bots to activate. the AHbot runs great with the .conf file in the /home/mangos/zero/etc folder. I tried to do the same with player bots but no luck. I then tried to follow instructions from @antz in another thread to place the .conf file in with mangosd, which is in the /home/mangos/zero/bin folder on Ubuntu 16.04.

I did a search through my files and I have two 'Bots' folders located at the following:

/home/mangos/zero/src/server/src/modules which contains the playerbot folder with aiplayerbot.conf.dist.in in it

&

/home/mangos/zero/src/server/linux/src/modules which contains aiplayerbot.conf.dist

I have tried renaming the files, placing them in the /zero/bin and /zero/etc folders, or just renaming them in their current directories and none of it seems to make any difference. I ran the cmake .. -DPLAYERBOTS=1 and it went through the process. All the files have the bots as enable and I deleted the extras I had made. I am kind of at a loss for ideas at the moment.

10 answers to this question

I did that, but for some reason I can't use the bots in game. When I use commands like ".bot add BOTNAME' I get a return "command not found."

I think that even though I ran Cmake with the option, in the folder with playerbot info, something went wrong. I looked at the logs but there is no error message and they were build. I guess it isn't super important. I will try again when I get a bit more free time today.

Not yet, I am trying to see if I can retroactively get it right first. I do have a question though.

If I do a fresh install, would I just edit the getmangos.sh at Line 854?

That way, before running the set up, it has the option build into the script. I guess it would look like the following with the playerbots command added to the end of the line:

cmake .. -DDEBUG=$P_DEBUG -DUSE_STD_MALLOC=$P_STD_MALLOC -DACE_USE_EXTERNAL=$P_ACE_EXTERNAL -DPOSTGRESQL=$P_PGRESQL -DBUILD_TOOLS -DPLAYERBOTS=1

If that looks okay, tonight I will try to make a pull request and edit getmangos.sh to push back to the repo.

Hey Akar,

No, it's a bit more complex than that, if you do what you suggest, player bots will always be compiled :)

1) You need to add a new global variable to handle end-user choice: https://github.com/mangoszero/server/blob/master/linux/getmangos.sh#L39

P_SOAP="0"
P_DEBUG="0"
P_STD_MALLOC="1"
P_ACE_EXTERNAL="1"
P_PGRESQL="0"
P_TOOLS="0"
P_SD3="1"
P_ELUNA="1"
P_PBOT="0"

2) You need to propose the choice to the end-user by adding a new option to this method: https://github.com/mangoszero/server/blob/master/linux/getmangos.sh#L730

# Select build options
  OPTIONS=$($DLGAPP --backtitle "MaNGOS Linux Build Configuration" \
    --title "Build Options" \
    --checklist "Please select your build options" 0 56 7 \
    1 "Enable Debug" Off \
    2 "Use Standard Malloc" On \
    3 "Use External ACE Libraries" On \
    4 "Use PostgreSQL Instead Of MySQL/MariaDB" Off \
    5 "Build Client Tools" Off \
    6 "Use SD3" On \
    7 "Use Eluna" On \
    8 "Use SOAP" Off \
    9 "Use Player Bot" Off \
    3>&2 2>&1 1>&3)

3) You need to handle this in the if-else sequence: https://github.com/mangoszero/server/blob/master/linux/getmangos.sh#L806

# See if Player Bots will be used
  if [[ $OPTIONS == *9* ]]; then
    P_PBOT="1"
  else
    P_PBOT="0"
  fi

4) Finally, you can update the cmake option: https://github.com/mangoszero/server/blob/master/linux/getmangos.sh#L854

cmake .. -DDEBUG=$P_DEBUG -DUSE_STD_MALLOC=$P_STD_MALLOC -DACE_USE_EXTERNAL=$P_ACE_EXTERNAL -DPOSTGRESQL=$P_PGRESQL -DBUILD_TOOLS=$P_TOOLS -DSCRIPT_LIB_ELUNA=$P_ELUNA -DSCRIPT_LIB_SD3=$P_SD3 -DSOAP=$P_SOAP --DPLAYERBOTS=$P_PBOT -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="$INSTPATH"

Tal'

Oh duh... I probably shouldn't be playing with Mangos while tired! Haha

I managed to compile the playerbots (and had to manually re-apply all my DB updates ¬¬). However, no matter what I change the .conf file to, the bots just spam the server into oblivion and knock it offline. It generates an endless amount of random bot accounts. I have decided to just disable it for now as it is too much of a headache to mess with at the moment.

After I get some rest, I can make the changes for the getmangos.sh file, if you haven't beaten me to it.

Archived