[not mangos bug] spell_area for Netherwing quests

Sephiroth1983

Then original topic wrong.

Topic updated, but when I insert the aura in characters with this:

insert ignore into `character_aura` (`guid`, `caster_guid`, `spell`, `effect_index`, `amount`, `maxduration`, `remaintime`, `remaincharges`) values
('144', '144', '40214', '0', '1', '-1', '-1', '-1'),

it works until logout or death, why?

Mangos Version: 7460

SD2 Version: 919

Database : UDB 0.11.0 (369)

What's wrong: Dragonmaw Illusion is not applied to characters and then is impossible to go ahead in netherwing rep grinding.

Can someone confirm? It is not fault of spell_area, but is because of a spell stacking problem.

Hey guys i have the same prob at first time i didnt but when i logged out and its been like a week and i dont get aura pls fix this prob pls many players have the same prob ty:)

I think we should add a new field to spell_area that we could name quest_completed. Probably other quests will need it too. Actully i'm using a little hack in Player::UpdateZoneDependentAuras that works this way. Opinions?

quest rewards applied at quest loading. I totally not understand discussion?

What you discuss? If spell removed by another spell in resukt wrong icon check, then this must fixed in appropriate player wher all like fixes present.

When i testing whith my GM-char this aura is not applied.
Maybe it considered as negative...

Well, i don't think that the spelliconid check will be enough but if the problem still exists after this, find the spells removing it.

diff --git a/src/game/SpellMgr.cpp b/src/game/SpellMgr.cpp
index f333db8..61d0549 100644
--- a/src/game/SpellMgr.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellMgr.cpp
@@ -1215,6 +1215,9 @@ bool SpellMgr::IsNoStackSpellDueToSpell(uint32 spellId_1, uint32 spellId_2) cons

break;
                }
+            // Dragonmaw Illusion
+            if(spellInfo_1->SpellIconID == 1691 && spellInfo_2->SpellIconID == 1691)
+                return false;
            }
            break;
        case SPELLFAMILY_MAGE:

Patchfile

Confirmed.

Before, I have done these quest to neutral rep. Now, when I come back, there is no Dragonmaw Illusion applied to my char so no further rep grinding. But some other chars still get the Illusion.

So the spell stacking errors only appear at some char ?

Night said, people are dispelling the buff, if I remember correctly, You shouldn't be able to rightclick (dispell) the icon for that buff. Because its a (zone) wide buff for that little floating island (granted only if you've completed the neutral quest chain up to the appropriate part). It only gets applied and dispelled when entering or leaving that area.

• 2 weeks later...
Well, i don't think that the spelliconid check will be enough but if the problem still exists after this, find the spells removing it.

diff --git a/src/game/SpellMgr.cpp b/src/game/SpellMgr.cpp
index f333db8..61d0549 100644
--- a/src/game/SpellMgr.cpp
+++ b/src/game/SpellMgr.cpp
@@ -1215,6 +1215,9 @@ bool SpellMgr::IsNoStackSpellDueToSpell(uint32 spellId_1, uint32 spellId_2) cons

break;
                }
+            // Dragonmaw Illusion
+            if(spellInfo_1->SpellIconID == 1691 && spellInfo_2->SpellIconID == 1691)
+                return false;
            }
            break;
        case SPELLFAMILY_MAGE:

Patchfile

Patch added into [7660]. Thank you :)

• 1 year later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use