Pet abilities

Nightrider84

Question

3 answers to this question

Well I managed to fix that problem, I had to go into the dbc and change the required level. So I did manage to find it atleast. Althow now the issue I have thats similar is that almost all the pets I tame don't come with their basic abilities claw bite ect. So im assuming im going to hafto manually add those to all the pets or something?

To my knowledge. there is no such data in the DB, though I cannot point to their location atm. Part of the data is in CreatureSpellData.dbc referred by `creature_template`.`PetSpellDataId`, the other one may be hardcoded in the core, rather as a formula.

However we have to keep in mind that in 3.0 the pet system was rewritten largely by the blizz. In the TBC, iirc, the new pet can teach the hunter a new spell, then the hunter may teach other his pets the spell. Since that, the spell leveling starts. See "Combat pets" and "Hunter pets" pages (with history) at the wowwiki.

Archived