The First Trial Quest

Nightrider84

Question

When a player clicks on the brazier for the quest it lights up but creature 17716 Doesn't spawn. What could be the cause for him not spawning when the item is used? I looked in the DB under the db in Gameobject_template and it lists the quest there for that item. And under Quest_template and it shows the correct required creature. Just not sure on how to get it to spawn. 

4 answers to this question

Please include the brazier entry (gameobject_template.entry) to get a more detailed hint.

The mechanic is usually organized as follows. The item is a "key" allowing player to interact ("unlock") the GO. When unlocked, the GO (type 10 "goober") becomes activated and casts a spell (data10) or throws a spellevent (or in other word, mapevent) from data2. The spell or handled event (search the scripted handling either in db_scripts with script_type=8, or in script_binding with type=6) is responsible for any further action like spawning a mob, giving the quest credit so on.

Ok so I had a compiled version of mangostwo so I looked at the db on that one and theres about 4000 more entries in DB_strings than in mangosone. I do see that the entry is there for the guy to spawn in mangostwo but not one. So I made the new entry and now it works. I appreciate the help man, the last question I have is if I Merged the DB_strings from mangostwo to basically fill in the blank entries that arent there do you think it would mess up anything or should it be fine since it does have all the original quests in it aswell?

Archived