Mangos without ACE?

MadBits

Question

Hi there,

I am trying to compile Mangos on a Debian Server, but I've been unfortunate enough to get a bunch of errors in the process of doing so.

I struggle quite a lot with building ACE Itself, is it possible to build Mangos without ACE?
I tried to look over the forum for similar topics and I couldn't manage to find any, therefore sorry if this is a repost, or a common question.

If you have any guides or tutorials that might be able to walk me through this tedious process, please hit me up with those bad boys.

Thanks for your time.

9 answers to this question

Replacing ACE is not a trivial thing to do.
Maybe before trying to do anythig like that it would be better to ask for help with the errors you get with ACE.

You should try post the errors you get when trying to compile your core.
Also it would be good to post your system information and installed dependency information, such as versions.
At the moment we dont know for example what debian you are running, what the errors were, what mangos you are compiling etc.

3 hours ago, Rochet2 said:

Replacing ACE is not a trivial thing to do.
Maybe before trying to do anythig like that it would be better to ask for help with the errors you get with ACE.

You should try post the errors you get when trying to compile your core.
Also it would be good to post your system information and installed dependency information, such as versions.
At the moment we dont know for example what debian you are running, what the errors were, what mangos you are compiling etc.

Thank you for taking your time to reply,

While trying to compile the core I receive the following error:

This project requires ACE installed when ACE_USE_EXTERNAL is set.  Please
  download the ACE Micro Release Kit from http://download.dre.vanderbilt.edu/
  and install it.  If this script didn't find ACE and it was correctly
  installed please set ACE_ROOT to the correct path.

Which I guess it's quite self explanatory, while trying to compile ACE I used to receive an error 127, which at the moment I forgot what it stated, BUT...

But... while trying to rebuild it again, now I am prompted with :

GNUmakefile:21: /include/makeinclude/macros.GNU: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target '/include/makeinclude/macros.GNU'.  Stop.

While checking out the specified directory above, I can confirm the existence of macros.GNU, it is there, and it has lots of lines of code inside.

Edit:

I also have to state that this is my first time compiling a core or any C code at all on linux.

Edit 2:

After fixing the previous error above, I finally managed to replicate my initial error, here it is:

root@mangos:/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers# make
make[1]: Entering directory '/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/ace'
awk: fatal: cannot open file `/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/ace/Version.h' for reading (No such file or directory)
awk: fatal: cannot open file `/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/ace/Version.h' for reading (No such file or directory)

GNUmakefile: /home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/ace/GNUmakefile.ACE MAKEFLAGS=w

g++ -pthread -Wl,-O3 -shared -Wl,-h -Wl,libACE.so... -o libACE.so... .shobj/ACE.o .shobj/ACE_crc32.o .shobj/ACE_crc_ccitt.o .shobj/ATM_Acceptor.o .shobj/ATM_Addr.o .shobj/ATM_Connector.o .shobj/ATM_Params.o .shobj/ATM_QoS.o .shobj/ATM_Stream.o .shobj/Activation_Queue.o .shobj/Active_Map_Manager.o .shobj/Addr.o .shobj/Argv_Type_Converter.o .shobj/Assert.o .shobj/Asynch_IO.o .shobj/Asynch_IO_Impl.o .shobj/Asynch_Pseudo_Task.o .shobj/Atomic_Op.o .shobj/Atomic_Op_Sparc.o .shobj/Barrier.o .shobj/Base_Thread_Adapter.o .shobj/Based_Pointer_Repository.o .shobj/Basic_Stats.o .shobj/Basic_Types.o .shobj/CDR_Base.o .shobj/CDR_Size.o .shobj/CDR_Stream.o .shobj/Capabilities.o .shobj/Cleanup.o .shobj/Codecs.o .shobj/Codeset_IBM1047.o .shobj/Codeset_Registry.o .shobj/Codeset_Registry_db.o .shobj/Condition_Attributes.o .shobj/Condition_Recursive_Thread_Mutex.o .shobj/Condition_Thread_Mutex.o .shobj/Configuration.o .shobj/Configuration_Import_Export.o .shobj/Connection_Recycling_Strategy.o .shobj/Containers.o .shobj/Copy_Disabled.o .shobj/DEV.o .shobj/DEV_Addr.o .shobj/DEV_Connector.o .shobj/DEV_IO.o .shobj/DLL.o .shobj/DLL_Manager.o .shobj/Date_Time.o .shobj/Dev_Poll_Reactor.o .shobj/Dirent.o .shobj/Dirent_Selector.o .shobj/Dump.o .shobj/Dynamic.o .shobj/Dynamic_Message_Strategy.o .shobj/Dynamic_Service_Base.o .shobj/Dynamic_Service_Dependency.o .shobj/Encoding_Converter.o .shobj/Encoding_Converter_Factory.o .shobj/Event_Base.o .shobj/Event_Handler.o .shobj/Event_Handler_Handle_Timeout_Upcall.o .shobj/FIFO.o .shobj/FIFO_Recv.o .shobj/FIFO_Recv_Msg.o .shobj/FIFO_Send.o .shobj/FIFO_Send_Msg.o .shobj/FILE.o .shobj/FILE_Addr.o .shobj/FILE_Connector.o .shobj/FILE_IO.o .shobj/File_Lock.o .shobj/Filecache.o .shobj/Flag_Manip.o .shobj/Framework_Component.o .shobj/Functor.o .shobj/Functor_String.o .shobj/Get_Opt.o .shobj/Handle_Ops.o .shobj/Handle_Set.o .shobj/Hashable.o .shobj/High_Res_Timer.o .shobj/ICMP_Socket.o .shobj/INET_Addr.o .shobj/IOStream.o .shobj/IO_Cntl_Msg.o .shobj/IO_SAP.o .shobj/IPC_SAP.o .shobj/Init_ACE.o .shobj/LSOCK.o .shobj/LSOCK_Acceptor.o .shobj/LSOCK_CODgram.o .shobj/LSOCK_Connector.o .shobj/LSOCK_Dgram.o .shobj/LSOCK_Stream.o .shobj/Lib_Find.o .shobj/Local_Memory_Pool.o .shobj/Local_Name_Space.o .shobj/Local_Tokens.o .shobj/Lock.o .shobj/Log_Category.o .shobj/Log_Msg.o .shobj/Log_Msg_Backend.o .shobj/Log_Msg_Callback.o .shobj/Log_Msg_IPC.o .shobj/Log_Msg_NT_Event_Log.o .shobj/Log_Msg_UNIX_Syslog.o .shobj/Log_Record.o .shobj/Logging_Strategy.o .shobj/MEM_Acceptor.o .shobj/MEM_Addr.o .shobj/MEM_Connector.o .shobj/MEM_IO.o .shobj/MEM_SAP.o .shobj/MEM_Stream.o .shobj/MMAP_Memory_Pool.o .shobj/Malloc.o .shobj/Malloc_Allocator.o .shobj/Mem_Map.o .shobj/Message_Block.o .shobj/Message_Queue.o .shobj/Message_Queue_NT.o .shobj/Message_Queue_Vx.o .shobj/Method_Request.o .shobj/Monitor_Admin.o .shobj/Monitor_Admin_Manager.o .shobj/Monitor_Base.o .shobj/Monitor_Control_Action.o .shobj/Monitor_Control_Types.o .shobj/Monitor_Point_Registry.o .shobj/Monitor_Size.o .shobj/Monotonic_Time_Policy.o .shobj/Msg_WFMO_Reactor.o .shobj/Multihomed_INET_Addr.o .shobj/Mutex.o .shobj/NT_Service.o .shobj/Name_Proxy.o .shobj/Name_Request_Reply.o .shobj/Name_Space.o .shobj/Naming_Context.o .shobj/Netlink_Addr.o .shobj/Notification_Queue.o .shobj/Notification_Strategy.o .shobj/Null_Mutex.o .shobj/OS_Errno.o .shobj/OS_Log_Msg_Attributes.o .shobj/OS_NS_Thread.o .shobj/OS_NS_arpa_inet.o .shobj/OS_NS_ctype.o .shobj/OS_NS_devctl.o .shobj/OS_NS_dirent.o .shobj/OS_NS_dlfcn.o .shobj/OS_NS_errno.o .shobj/OS_NS_fcntl.o .shobj/OS_NS_math.o .shobj/OS_NS_netdb.o .shobj/OS_NS_poll.o .shobj/OS_NS_pwd.o .shobj/OS_NS_regex.o .shobj/OS_NS_signal.o .shobj/OS_NS_stdio.o .shobj/OS_NS_stdlib.o .shobj/OS_NS_string.o .shobj/OS_NS_strings.o .shobj/OS_NS_stropts.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_mman.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_msg.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_resource.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_select.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_sendfile.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_shm.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_socket.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_stat.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_time.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_uio.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_utsname.o .shobj/OS_NS_sys_wait.o .shobj/OS_NS_time.o .shobj/OS_NS_unistd.o .shobj/OS_NS_wchar.o .shobj/OS_NS_wctype.o .shobj/OS_QoS.o .shobj/OS_TLI.o .shobj/OS_Thread_Adapter.o .shobj/OS_main.o .shobj/Obchunk.o .shobj/Object_Manager.o .shobj/Object_Manager_Base.o .shobj/Obstack.o .shobj/PI_Malloc.o .shobj/POSIX_Asynch_IO.o .shobj/POSIX_CB_Proactor.o .shobj/POSIX_Proactor.o .shobj/Pagefile_Memory_Pool.o .shobj/Parse_Node.o .shobj/Ping_Socket.o .shobj/Pipe.o .shobj/Priority_Reactor.o .shobj/Proactor.o .shobj/Proactor_Impl.o .shobj/Process.o .shobj/Process_Manager.o .shobj/Process_Mutex.o .shobj/Process_Semaphore.o .shobj/Profile_Timer.o .shobj/RW_Mutex.o .shobj/RW_Process_Mutex.o .shobj/RW_Thread_Mutex.o .shobj/Reactor.o .shobj/Reactor_Impl.o .shobj/Reactor_Notification_Strategy.o .shobj/Reactor_Timer_Interface.o .shobj/Read_Buffer.o .shobj/Recursive_Thread_Mutex.o .shobj/Recyclable.o .shobj/Registry.o .shobj/Registry_Name_Space.o .shobj/Remote_Name_Space.o .shobj/Remote_Tokens.o .shobj/Rtems_init.o .shobj/SOCK.o .shobj/SOCK_Acceptor.o .shobj/SOCK_CODgram.o .shobj/SOCK_Connector.o .shobj/SOCK_Dgram.o .shobj/SOCK_Dgram_Bcast.o .shobj/SOCK_Dgram_Mcast.o .shobj/SOCK_IO.o .shobj/SOCK_Netlink.o .shobj/SOCK_SEQPACK_Acceptor.o .shobj/SOCK_SEQPACK_Association.o .shobj/SOCK_SEQPACK_Connector.o .shobj/SOCK_Stream.o .shobj/SPIPE.o .shobj/SPIPE_Acceptor.o .shobj/SPIPE_Addr.o .shobj/SPIPE_Connector.o .shobj/SPIPE_Stream.o .shobj/SString.o .shobj/SUN_Proactor.o .shobj/SV_Message.o .shobj/SV_Message_Queue.o .shobj/SV_Semaphore_Complex.o .shobj/SV_Semaphore_Simple.o .shobj/SV_Shared_Memory.o .shobj/Sample_History.o .shobj/Sbrk_Memory_Pool.o .shobj/Sched_Params.o .shobj/Select_Reactor_Base.o .shobj/Semaphore.o .shobj/Service_Config.o .shobj/Service_Gestalt.o .shobj/Service_Manager.o .shobj/Service_Object.o .shobj/Service_Repository.o .shobj/Service_Types.o .shobj/Shared_Memory.o .shobj/Shared_Memory_MM.o .shobj/Shared_Memory_Pool.o .shobj/Shared_Memory_SV.o .shobj/Shared_Object.o .shobj/Sig_Adapter.o .shobj/Sig_Handler.o .shobj/Signal.o .shobj/Sock_Connect.o .shobj/Stack_Trace.o .shobj/Stats.o .shobj/String_Base_Const.o .shobj/Svc_Conf_Lexer.o .shobj/Svc_Conf_y.o .shobj/Synch_Options.o .shobj/System_Time.o .shobj/TLI.o .shobj/TLI_Acceptor.o .shobj/TLI_Connector.o .shobj/TLI_Stream.o .shobj/TP_Reactor.o .shobj/TSS_Adapter.o .shobj/TTY_IO.o .shobj/Task.o .shobj/Thread.o .shobj/Thread_Adapter.o .shobj/Thread_Control.o .shobj/Thread_Exit.o .shobj/Thread_Hook.o .shobj/Thread_Manager.o .shobj/Thread_Mutex.o .shobj/Thread_Semaphore.o .shobj/Throughput_Stats.o .shobj/Time_Policy.o .shobj/Time_Value.o .shobj/Timeprobe.o .shobj/Token.o .shobj/Token_Collection.o .shobj/Token_Invariants.o .shobj/Token_Manager.o .shobj/Token_Request_Reply.o .shobj/Trace.o .shobj/UNIX_Addr.o .shobj/UPIPE_Acceptor.o .shobj/UPIPE_Connector.o .shobj/UPIPE_Stream.o .shobj/UTF16_Encoding_Converter.o .shobj/UTF32_Encoding_Converter.o .shobj/UTF8_Encoding_Converter.o .shobj/UUID.o .shobj/WFMO_Reactor.o .shobj/WIN32_Asynch_IO.o .shobj/WIN32_Proactor.o .shobj/XML_Svc_Conf.o .shobj/XTI_ATM_Mcast.o .shobj/ace_wchar.o -Wl,-E -L../lib -L.  -L../lib   -ldl -lrt
.shobj/FILE_Addr.o: In function `ACE_OS::mktemp(char*)':
/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/ace/OS_NS_stdlib.inl:284: warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous, better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'
rm -f libACE.so
/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/bin/add_rel_link.sh libACE.so... libACE.so
make[1]: /home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/bin/add_rel_link.sh: Command not found
/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/include/makeinclude/rules.lib.GNU:244: recipe for target 'libACE.so...' failed
make[1]: [libACE.so...] Error 127 (ignored)
chmod a+rx libACE.so...
/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/bin/add_rel_link.sh /home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/ace/libACE.so... ../lib/libACE.so
/bin/sh: 5: /home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/bin/add_rel_link.sh: not found
/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/include/include/makeinclude/rules.local.GNU:293: recipe for target '../lib/libACE.so...' failed
make[1]: *** [../lib/libACE.so...] Error 127
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers/ace'
GNUmakefile:774: recipe for target 'ACE' failed
make: *** [ACE] Error 2

This is pretty much the entire log dump.

Also I am using Debian 9 (Stretch).

/home/madbits/ACE/ACE_wrappers# make

What guide are you following?
You are not supposed to separately build ACE when using the default config. And it looks like you are trying to build it.
Or are you trying to build some other version of ACE and use it instead of the included one?
Have you tried with ACE_USE_EXTERNAL set to false, or is there some reason for using external ACE?

In a nutshell you simply: download code, download all additional dependencies (cmake, mysql, ..) then run cmake, run make and that is it.

Also you have not yet provided which mangos you are trying to compile.

I am following the guide provided by the ACE website itself, I am simply trying to install ACE so I can move forward with my core compilation.

Now I kinda have an understanding of what this is supposed to do.

I am trying to compile mangos one, 2.4.3.

I'll come back with an update in a moment, cheer's for the help.

Edit:

1 hour ago, Rochet2 said:

Have you tried with ACE_USE_EXTERNAL set to false, or is there some reason for using external ACE?

Sorry for double posting, for some reason I am not able to edit my previous reply.

How am I supposed to set it to false?
And once again, thanks for your help.

Sorry for bumping this thread, just in case someone is as idiotic as me.

ACE_ROOT is a variable which can be set by executing export ACE_ROOT=/path/to/ace_wrappers
If you receive the error I did, just set the variable to the path you extracted your ACE_Wrappers.

To opt out of using an external ACE location ,just simply uncheck it in the installation menu.

*vanishes ashamed*

Thanks for your time and your help.

1 hour ago, Talendrys said:

Oh great. Maybe it starts to be outdated now. Feel free to update inner depencies and push a new version. 

Doubt it, I'm really new to the scene and I still struggle with some basic stuff, I'm learning on my own at the moment, never compiled anything under linux.
Managed to solve my problems by simply declaring the path to ACE inside ACE_ROOT variable.

Also managed to install it by opting out to use an external source.

At the moment I am stuck at declaring the path where getmangos.sh should extract vmaps,etc... I accidentally declared the wrong path and I've been returned with an error and the installer quited, this happened last night, I went to sleep and now I'll give it a try once again, hopefully I can skip all the steps directly to that one. :)

Archived