localization problems

biruni666

Question

5 answers to this question

I believe this is a client problem, i've found out (at least in cataclysm) the game will do its best at translating it into whatever client you have. So, lets say you have a enUS client connecting a server that has something like german or portuguese dbc files on it. Your game client will translate from german or whatever into english.

6 hours ago, biruni666 said:

Hi.

I applied Russian localization

but the NPC names, items, and quests are still in English, what's the problem?

all locale_* files translations into russian, but the game is still English

Hi @biruni666, could you let me know which Client and Mangos version you are using and also some examples of Npc's for me to check ?

3 hours ago, onixiya said:

I believe this is a client problem, i've found out (at least in cataclysm) the game will do its best at translating it into whatever client you have. So, lets say you have a enUS client connecting a server that has something like german or portuguese dbc files on it. Your game client will translate from german or whatever into english.

But my client is not completely English, the names of chats, and signatures on subjects in Russian. However, item names, quest descriptions, npc replicas, everything is in English

I will try to download the client from another source, and write about the results

26 minutes ago, antz said:

Hi @biruni666, could you let me know which Client and Mangos version you are using and also some examples of Npc's for me to check ?

https://imgur.com/T35HNvA

client 3.3.5 12340

Mangos Two server 0.21 (https://github.com/mangostwo/server)

I applied Russian localization, following the instructions in the folder (G:\mangos\dbTwo\Translations\readme.md)
I used sql queries located at (G:\mangos\dbTwo\Translations\Translations\Russian) successfully,and change DBC.locale
 in mangosd.conf to 8 
but the language in the client is still in English (the cache cleared)

Edited by biruni666

8 hours ago, onixiya said:

I checked this does not work (