[]patch][8182] Updating map system

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It would be really nice to get patch feedback finally after almost a month of development ;)

Could you write a small tutorial on how to patch Mangos with this in your first post on page 1? If it was a .patch file it wouldn't be a problem, but the downloads are in .txt. Are we supposed to rename them .patch?

A git would be nice because we could use the git pull command.

Yes, just rename .txt file into .patch/.diff. Filebeam doesn't allow patch/diff files to be hosted so I had to share a txt one. I will not make any git branches just because on getmangos.ru noone reported any bugs with latest 1.10 version... Also if you use KAPATEJIb binaries, this patch is already there.

Yes, just rename .txt file into .patch/.diff. Filebeam doesn't allow patch/diff files to be hosted so I had to share a txt one. I will not make any git branches just because on getmangos.ru noone reported any bugs with latest 1.10 version... Also if you use KAPATEJIb binaries, this patch is already there.

Well I'm testing in a small servers with 150~ characters on (big server has old 0.12 branch) but i don't see any problemos related to this patch. So Great Job Ambal! One step more for Multithread :rolleyes:

P.S. If i have time a try to put it on big server.

divisorxx, thank you very much for your response :) I'm glad that patch is working. Have you noticed any stability improvements?

Well compare to others version of this patch yes :) , i have very few crashes but are not related to this, remember that it's a server with small population , like a said ~150. But like a said seems working realy fine.

This weekend I'm going to try to put it into my other server with more population.

Thanks for you great work!

It would be really nice to get patch feedback finally after almost a month of development ;)

i will really test it soon, just still waiting to get our test server up:( anyway u didnt answare why theres not a GIT branch, think mangos DEV/USERS that welcome too..

btw, any chance to get version with multithreading part? or merged patch with derex mtmaps? i can test it on huge population, but without mtmaps not sure how will lag.. (and i cant compare reslut cause we use mtmaps, without them its too mutch laggy), anyway will see, when test server up again (should be this week finaly).

You can apply mtmaps patch w/o any problems with this one ;)

will try THX , anyway did u read whole post? i am sorry but i asked like 5xtimes, why theres no GIT branch for that patch, and u still didnt say about it... :( ?

Why would this patch need a GIT branch if it'll get into GIT repo in few days? :rolleyes:

its just for state of developement, i am not that skilled in c++ so i can actualy learn something from your changes. many users started to use git , so we can easy pull patch to our src.. , track developement etc..

anyway if it gets soon to mangos git branch, i am ok with that :)

GJ THX

When you use that command to patch, where does the patch file need to be? In the root folder of the folder you want to patch? Or can the patch be anywhere?

Of course in directory with mangos source. :)

or look into patch - with files must be modified - like

--- a/src/game/Player.cpp
+++ b/src/game/Player.cpp

where must be patch placed - ../src