MaNGOLin - Database admin tool for Mangos runs on Linux or Windows

bannor

Hi folks

Thought you might like to know, their is a new release of the free GPL version of Mangolin V1.05 for Windows and Linux.

Compatible with MaNGOS 11994+ and WoW 3.3.3a, 3.3.5a clients only.

For all of MaNGOLin functions to work you are now required to have an ingame admin account with a security level of 4, for want of a better word ive called it GOD level and it can be changed from within MaNGOLin using the inline Accounts table editing, once you have changed the security level remember to disconnect and reconnect MaNGOLin for the change to take affect.

NB: Please post your support requests or bugs in the Caledonia Computers forum and not in this thread.

Thanks

Bannor.

Full Feature List for MaNGOLin

Server functions:

Send Mass Mail, Items or Gold

Message of the day

Announce

Notify

Shutdown Now

Delayed Shutdown

Shutdown with idle

Player limits

Save all players

Load scripts

Clear corpses

DB Table Reload

Clean & Optimise Character & Realm databases

Account functions:

Account creation, editing and delete.

Last login filter for cleaning up old accounts

IP and Account banning.

Admin level settings

Expansion setting

Password setting

Character based functions:

Kick

Ban

Teleport

Send Message

Send Money

Send Mail

Send Items

Portal Creator/Manager

Revive

Safe Revive (Experimental)

Reset Options

Repair Items

Viewing and deletion of tickets.

Customise at next login

Rename at next login

Set Character Level

More filter options on character table such as Tickets, Race, Class.

Transfer characters between accounts.

Database Functionality:

Save & Restore Realm, Mangos, Characters, Scriptdev and Custom Portals created with the Portal Manager

Scheduled daily backup of any or all databases.

User selectable backup folder.

Additional Stuff:

System tray.

Hide to tray at startup.

Auto login at startup.

Command Reference Guide

Help page.

Cheers

Bannor

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Yep it should work for 8798+ but how far you can go above that before it fails is anyones guess, if you have a problem then feel free to let me know at what version it fails at and i will probably get around to fixing it, by the time i get the planned 0.93 out the door the goalpost that is mangos will have moved again.

Would just like to apologise about the the 0.92b release, I myself have found quite a few bugs in it and must say that even by my standards this is a crappy release.

Fear not though 0.93 is on its way with new features and a ton of bug fixes, plus and don't all clap at once a Help feature.

Bannor

Version 0.93b Released

This fixes a remote console login problem that appears in MaNGOLin 0.93a if using Mangos > 8885 due to changes in the Mangos remote access code.

This version is backward compatible with Mangos 8798 and tested upto Mangos 8886 after that point your mileage may vary.

See top post for more details.

After having a word with my webhost regarding the file download issues we have figured out what the problem is and I have confirmed this myself and can duplicate the problem every time.

For those haveing trouble downloading files from Caledonia, the problem appears to be mainly with Firefox users, if you are using addons such as FasterFox which tweak Firefoxs network settings then please ensure you are operating it within rfc specs or you may receive the following error

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

I used FasterFox to confirm this, if FasterFox is set to Turbo you get the error message if you set it to Optimised(within RFC specs) you wont recieve the error.

I have tested the site using Opera, Chromium, IE7, Konqueror as well as Firefox and it works fine.

After having a word with my webhost regarding the file download issues we have figured out what the problem is and I have confirmed this myself and can duplicate the problem every time.

For those haveing trouble downloading files from Caledonia, the problem appears to be mainly with Firefox users, if you are using addons such as FasterFox which tweak Firefoxs network settings then please ensure you are operating it within rfc specs or you may receive the following error

Access Denied.

Access control configuration prevents your request from being allowed at this time. Please contact your service provider if you feel this is incorrect.

I used FasterFox to confirm this, if FasterFox is set to Turbo you get the error message if you set it to Optimised(within RFC specs) you wont recieve the error.

I have tested the site using Opera, Chromium, IE7, Konqueror as well as Firefox and it works fine.

I get this Error in IE 8 and FF 3.5.5 with no tweaks or addons that affect my downloads. :S

I'll take a look at IE8 will have to download and install it as I dont normally use MS stuff, but to fix Firefox install FasterFox and set to Optimised.

edit1:

Tested with IE8 you are correct it also gives this error, so i have passed the problem back to my hosting provider im awaiting a resolution.

News Update

If you are unable to download files from my website then im afraid my usage limit has been reached, I am being allowed to continue to host the files here but the useage limits remain hopefully it wont be a major problem as useage only peaks out during new software releases and dies down after a day or two.

I cant afford to upgrade to a better package as at the moment since im not making any money in order to sustain it, via the site or any other revenue stream due to now being a full time father/house husband.

If you do get the Access Denied error message then I reccommend clicking the file link multiple times and eventually the download will begin or use the alternative download link I have provided which will take you to the files on Filefront.

All further news announcements will be done here http://www.caledoniacomputers.com/?page_id=6 as i dont want this thread getting to long.

Thanks

Bannor

• 2 weeks later...
Please be aware that if you download MaNGOLin from any download location not provided by Caledonia Computers then you do so at your own risk.

Bannor

Couldn't you setup a backup website host for these files?

Then you could lower your bandwidth usage by using 2 different hosts, of course "free" services degrade in speed at peak times, but still some access is better than no access.

• 3 weeks later...

The Caledonia Computers website is currently down due to me screwing up by using what can only be said to be a dodgy plugin, I have a partial out of date backup but its going to take me a few days to get the site restored.

Edit:

Turns out my backup was only a few days old, so the site is up again let me know if you have any problems, this just shows the benefits of keeping a backup!

Sorry for the inconvenience

Bannor

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use