MaNGOLin - Database admin tool for Mangos runs on Linux or Windows

bannor

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MaNGOLin V0.94a Bugfix release.

Their is a UI bug in 0.94 making the UI to wide which will cause problems on lower resolutions, this release corrects it making it the right width at startup.

For those who have already downloaded MaNGOLin V0.94, I recommend you update to V0.94a.

Apologies for missing it.

Bannor

• 2 weeks later...

OK picture maybe will say more. This is on a Linux box. is there a font I need to install?

Love this used before.

hmm where is the pic?

Nevermind I can't get the pic to upload. The font is all messed up. I can't read anything, meaning mysql setting can't read username, password, or any of that.

Pre Thanks

Flintman

Flint man which distro are you using?

I did encounter a problem with fonts being way to small on Linux where the monitor setup was incorrect and Java didnt pick up the correct DPI from Xorg due to a monitor being used at a non standard resolution or the monitor incorrectly reporting its geometry to Xorg.

It can be fixed temporarily by specifying the DPI using something like

xrandr --dpi 96

or modifying xorg.conf and putting you display size in there.

Add to /etc/X11/xorg.conf, under Section "Monitor":

DisplaySize <x> <y>

where

<x> is the horizontal size of your display, in millimeter

<y> is the vertical size of your display, in millimeter

Let me what distro you are using and i will take a look at fixing it, if you post on the Caledonia Website forums you will get a faster reply as i check there more frequently.

Flintman, I have not been able to duplicate your problem on my dual monitor setup on PCLinuxOS, Fedora, and Slackware and i'm afraid I just don't have the disk space to add Ubuntu and im not willing to blow away a current distro due to the amount of time i have to spend setting them up again.

I am working on a new version which will have the facility to override the system font size via a setting in the configuration ini file which may help you, at the moment I think your best bet is to try the Display Size settings in the xorg.conf file.

Thanks

Bannor

did you know thiers a bug somewhere in hard codeing i changed my database names to livecharactersdb and autherizationdb for characters and realmd and remote connection WOULD NOT WORK lol thier has to be characters and realmd databases for this to correctly remote connect to mangos somehting to do with remote users and pass

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Im afraid that work on MaNGOLin has been stopped for the moment, my development PC suffered a graphics card meltdown and at the moment I cant afford to replace it.

Hopefully the current MaNGOLin wont break in the meantime.

Cheers

Bannor

• 2 weeks later...

Their is a new release of MaNGOLin V0.96a available, this is a bug fix release plus a few UI changes.

It now also incorporates a debug output mode.

See top of thread for details.

Also the screenshots have been updated.

Cheers Bannor

Their is a new release of MaNGOLin V0.96b available, this is a bug fix release due to the Mangos Security levels being reclassified.

For all of MaNGOLin functions to work you are now required to have an ingame admin account with a security level of 4, for want of a better word ive called it GOD level and it can be changed from within MaNGOLin using the inline Accounts table editing.

I had to remove the GM Level button for the moment due to a bug in Mangos which is currently only accepting levels 0 to 3 via the account set gmlevel command.

Cheers Bannor

Their is a new release of MaNGOLin V0.97d available.

A whole host of bug fixes including the Portal Manager which is now working again.

Three new features, Character customise, rename and set level.

See top of thread for details and download.

Cheers Bannor

• 1 month later...

Their is a new release of MaNGOLin V0.97a available.

Compatible with MaNGOS 9999 to 10258+ and WoW 3.3.3a, 3.3.5a clients.

Fixed windows installer bug where it would fail to start up if you installed anyplace other than the default C:\\Program Files, it can now be installed anywhere.

Some additional warning dialogs on Character customize and rename.

Right click copy & paste functionality on certain text fields.

Cheers Bannor

Their is a new release of MaNGOLin V0.97b available.

Fixed bug that would cause startup failure due to being unable to download additional data since UDB & UDB Wiki are down, this bug will probably only have affected first time users. The additional data is now downloaded from the Trinity Wiki as your guess is good as mine to what has happened to UDB.

Cheers Bannor

• 3 weeks later...

Their is a new release of MaNGOLin V0.97d available, I am pleased to announce that it now has support for Windows 7.

Various minor bug fixes plus support for Windows 7, smaller memory footprint.

Cheers Bannor

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Folks

Just a little status update to let you know that their will be a bug fix update for MaNGOLin late next week, this fixes some bugs with the Portal Creator and a crash/hang bug that occurs sometimes if Mangos server should go down while MaNGOLin is connected to it.

It will be compatible with 9999 to 10904+

Merry Xmas from Caledonia Computers

Bannor

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use