Potential New Team Members

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
As already written in IRC today I would suggest w12x as a potential new team member.

In my opinion he would be a good choice because he doesn't fear big changes and also seems to have the time needed.[/b]

I vote w12x to be next core dev too. He made very good patches and follow properly mangos coding rules.

This is positive or negative remark? ;)[/b]
That is a good question .. For example every time the idea of him breaking the patch up into parts was brought up or him being asked to change something in his patch he was always like "who me ?? let the devs do it! I just make the patch ..".. And well I can understand that after this much time he can be upset that his patch was delayed, but at that time it didn't seem like it will take long and yet he still acted totally stubborn and talked bad behind people's back (I only know that stuff thanks to Visagalis who's really good at relaying information). Then again you might say at least he tries not to act that way in public..

Other than that stuff .. he seems to be a fairly good coder.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Indeed, freghar would be a nice addition for the team.

But I wonder about the intention of this vote::NoFantasy has been suggested as a new developer, but nothing did happen. Is this just a preliminary vote, which will be relevance as soon as the suggested person applies? Or do you want to "invite" them to become developers?:confused:

He was suggested as a new team member when trinity has just forked. As far as I can remember he wanted to wait until all this confusion in the community at this time has settled.

Last time I asked him about that it was on Nov 28.

Quote from #mangos:

«18:19:37» {hunuza_} btw you now want to become mangos dev?

«18:19:50» {@NoFantasy} I agree other ways can exist btw, but i think this will onlt limit the functionality. Like for example only allow for certain spell effects.

«18:21:47» {@NoFantasy} i don't have anything against it, but i still feel i'm not too well qualified. Perhaps it will be easier to increase skill with real access to push...

«18:40:31» {@freghar} NoFantasy: it will improve your git knowledge just that you will have to learn it :D

«18:41:11» {@NoFantasy} lol, yes...i certainly need to dig deeper

«18:42:22» {@NoFantasy} least not afraid to say i'm a nutcase in some areas :)

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

qsa suggest in most time ready for adding patches or with smale changes, so maybe... but recently has been founded that some patches just not base at proved data :( angles in wowwiki is cleary reported different for some cone spell targets

pasdVn suggest and have added many patches but as i remember i often need rewrite its before add

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...