[patch] Speedup grid object search

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ambal maybe this test results aren't very objective....I need to say this patch has good influence on my server.

I'm using:

- Rev 8195

- OpenMP

- Interfaction

- Some custom code

- your Gridsearch

Well I am testing this patch with 90Yards and 16 cells in griddefines. I have to say this is working very nice! I have not that big server. 100 testers per day. But it has an uptime of 6 days now!! Sometime I have a lag-spike but thats not because of your patch. Unfortunately I had it before.

The cpu-usage is very stable. just between 20-25%!

So thanks for your work. You are on the roll! ;)

Ambal maybe this test results aren't very objective....I need to say this patch has good influence on my server.

I'm using:

- Rev 8195

- OpenMP

- Interfaction <- what is this?

- Some custom code <- and this?

- your Gridsearch

Well I am testing this patch with 90Yards and 16 cells in griddefines. I have to say this is working very nice! I have not that big server. 100 testers per day. But it has an uptime of 6 days now!! Sometime I have a lag-spike but thats not because of your patch. Unfortunately I had it before.

The cpu-usage is very stable. just between 20-25%!

So thanks for your work. You are on the roll! ;)

can you me say what is interfaction?

I'll be out untill 12th of August. So are on your own updating patch to new revs. You can still post any patch related info :) Good luck everyone. See you :)

I assume you're gonna be on holiday....in that case enjoy it! We see you back in two weeks! Bye!

In file included from ../../../src/game/AchievementMgr.cpp:28:

../../../src/game/World.h: In static member function âstatic float World::GetMaxVisibleDistanceForCreature()â:

../../../src/game/World.h:493: error: âm_MaxVisibleDistanceForCreatureâ was not declared in this scope

../../../src/game/World.h: In static member function âstatic float World::GetMaxVisibleDistanceForPlayer()â:

../../../src/game/World.h:494: error: âm_MaxVisibleDistanceForPlayerâ was not declared in this scope

With latest mangos

whats the best settings do you reccomend to get the best peformance out of this

If you want performance, then choose visibility distance value between 66 and 90 yards. Also you can play with MAX_NUMBER_OF_CELLS (8 or 16) to see which one is better for performance/stability.

I just patched with the default code and i got a lot better performance than without it. Less lag in general, more people can be on same zone without problem and even more people can cast spells on same zone without problem. At least i can see first hand a performance increase using the default patch without changing anything, i do not know if it is at 16 or 8.

Tried backporting to 0.12

http://pastebin.com/m28813c44

Running fine with rev 944f5098 so far. Still suffering from GetInstance crashes alot (*sigh*) but they are not related i think.

I chose to run with same settings i had before, 8 cells and 66y everywhere. I can't say i notice a major performance increase but it looks like an improvement nevertheless.

Could someone go a little deeper into the whole cell theory how stuff is calculated, etc.(grids, cells, visibility)? The only thing i recall from some time ago is performance totally went down the drain when those MAX_NUMBER_OF_CELLS where changed to 4 and visibility was changed to 132y (commit 6909)

@ambal

Could you check if something on my backport is wrong? Had to cut out some things because they simply don't exist on 0.12 (something with perodicaura..)

• 2 weeks later...