Integrated anti-cheat in Mangos.

Guest alein

Hi.

I'm interested by one anti-cheat software Relaxed Anti-cheat.

This patch was worked in rev7900, but now I think developer on this project doesn't release new ver. almost 5 moth and this make some problems to me(I'm sure that not only me), because I can't get out nasty cheaters.

I know, that you have a lot of work, and you don't want suggestion like this.

But!

I'm sure that many people will be very excited, if mangos dev team, include this little modification in mangos project.

If this modification are not correct for the team, make another(more effective, easy... etc).(Relaxed is only an example)

Please, give us justice. Make cheaters life difficult.

I'm sorry for my English.

Best regards.

alein

That is a good idea since there are like 10 different anti-cheat patches and all of them have always conflicts which need to be solved first which is very time eating, except someone knows a easy way to fix that when you apply patches. (Without changing the source by hand)

Don't give cheaters a chance :)

Actually there are legitimate reasons to have anti-cheat. Software that does not resist invalid input is bad software .. and we just want to make good software. For this reason you will find several anti-cheat features already in mangos. Most of the stuff that you get from patches were not added either because they were too slow, too ugly, not split up into smaller parts or just nobody was interested ..

Can you make how to. I'm don't have a c++ skills.

The how to is you add the lines with pluses and delete the lines with minuses where it says. Easy really.

If you are using a git branch, like git://github.com/CWN/mangos.git speed_cheat_fix, pull the branch, then if there are errors, search through source code to find >>>>. Open the files, go to where it is, and then you will see one section for the HEAD, and the other for the branch you pulled in. Post these sections, from <<<< to >>>> and you can get help if you can't figure out how to merge them.

atleast we should add an anticheat which can be enabled through the config files. it should be disabled on a clean mangos source and can be enabled if wished.

Look closer at the mangosd.conf; options like max_overspeed_ping started out as part of anticheat patches, but were moved into the core when they developed fully.

• 1 month later...

Read what Wyk3d posted:

.. you will find several anti-cheat features already in mangos. Most of the stuff that you get from patches were not added either because they were too slow, too ugly, not split up into smaller parts or just nobody was interested ..

This means that some anti-cheat features where added to the core. However, as most of the 'anti-cheat' code is ugly, it won't be added to the core, regardless if it works or not.

If someone made a clean anti-cheat patch, it will most likely be added to the core.

But if you're ignorant and use other people's patches then ask THOSE people for help. MaNGOS dev won't help you with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use