[fix][8858] Threat

Auntie Mangos

I posted this patch 2 months ago, not a single dev even replied to it..

Gonna be the last patch I add, that's for sure. Ah well, most of us know how to apply a patch file, so I guess we will have fun with it ourselves :)

Do not worry we use it. And it is wonderfull

Developpers are on something else for sure

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still, we (not only me) would love to see a dev respond to the questions asked earlier. I for example would just love to know if it's a valid patch, or that it needs some more fixing..

Anyway, we'll see what happen :)

Well I'm far from being a dev, hell even as far as I am from being a decent coder...

I can only tell, that earlier on (before yourpatch was needed) threat was displayed in hundreds and thousands. Now with your patch and the diamond threat meter my threat is measured in tens or so..

Might be a problem with the threat meter, or with me being to stupid to configure the addon, though ;)

cheers

shane99

I posted this patch 2 months ago, not a single dev even replied to it..

Gonna be the last patch I add, that's for sure. Ah well, most of us know how to apply a patch file, so I guess we will have fun with it ourselves :)

I for example read thread first time as i remember. This just impossible read all (if you plan read with proper review problems and patches). Ofc, some time useful (and sometime strange) patches not have long dev remarks. But you must understand 3 point ;)

1) is mangos dev review your patch or not, community memebers still can use it. So not added to mangos core patch not make it useless

2) base at time limit often patch long time wait review. But this not meaning that devs not interested to patch or related problems, just his time not reached.

3) You will not right if think that i can look at pacth and say in _all_ cases is patch correct or not correct, and is this best way fix or not. For me need dependent from patch look code, understand if i forgot how this part work, look possible related problem if accept suggested way for fixing and etc. This is not read and answer process. And i sure community members in many case know more about related functionality, at least from how it must work from player view point.

I for example read thread first time as i remember. This just impossible read all (if you plan read with proper review problems and patches). Ofc, some time useful (and sometime strange) patches not have long dev remarks. But you must understand 3 point ;)

1) is mangos dev review your patch or not, community memebers still can use it. So not added to mangos core patch not make it useless

2) base at time limit often patch long time wait review. But this not meaning that devs not interested to patch or related problems, just his time not reached.

3) You will not right if think that i can look at pacth and say in _all_ cases is patch correct or not correct, and is this best way fix or not. For me need dependent from patch look code, understand if i forgot how this part work, look possible related problem if accept suggested way for fixing and etc. This is not read and answer process. And i sure community members in many case know more about related functionality, at least from how it must work from player view point.

I really do understand these points. But my concerns went to the fact that none of the devs (you are not alone m8) didn't reply it. I didn't post it here because I thought it should be added without further notice..

I did that so we could get some feedback from the 'higher' people :)

But thanks for your reply. Much appreciated.

In [8858]. Thank you for patch publishing at this forum, specially useful in result current problems with getmangos.ru.

Only please provided original author of patch like QAston in this case as pointed in one from posts.

I really do understand these points.
In short: i will not post in patch thread (and read it in most cases) if not sure that have time for patch review or have fresh data in memory for useful comments in it without code search and other reseach. Other devs maybe do in same way.

If you think that i must check all patches and make quick after publishing useful notes or add it to core for each suggested at forum patch, then (if i will so crazy agree with it) i will not add any code in mangos until next year and use all time just for read and reseach all published patch threads and comment in its... because if i finally add some patch before review all other patches then other patch author will waving why other patches added but his waiting so long ;)

If return to patch in added form. It has one performance problem: it send non-empty threat list always each 1 sec including case when threat list not updated from prev. send time. So make useless spam in network.