[patch][9505] Throw (Rogue ability)

Auntie Mangos

What bug does the patch fix? What features does the patch add?

Patch will remove a bugged facing limitation from http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=2764 ability

For which repository revision was the patch created?

8754+

Is there a thread in the bug report section or at lighthouse? If yes, please add a link to the thread.

http://getmangos.eu/community/viewtopic.php?id=10650

Who has been writing this patch? Please include either forum user names or email addresses.

Me

diff --git a/src/game/Spell.cpp b/src/game/Spell.cpp
index 4be1945..0915316 100644
--- a/src/game/Spell.cpp
+++ b/src/game/Spell.cpp
@@ -4070,8 +4070,10 @@ SpellCastResult Spell::CheckCast(bool strict)
        {
            //Exclusion for Pounce:  Facing Limitation was removed in 2.0.1, but it still uses the same, old Ex-Flags
            //Exclusion for Mutilate:Facing Limitation was removed in 2.0.1 and 3.0.3, but they still use the same, old Ex-Flags
+            //Exclusion for Throw: Facing limitation was added in 3.2.x, but that shouldn't be
            if ((m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyName != SPELLFAMILY_DRUID || (m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags != UI64LIT(0x0000000000020000))) &&
-                (m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyName != SPELLFAMILY_ROGUE || (m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags != UI64LIT(0x0020000000000000))))
+                (m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyName != SPELLFAMILY_ROGUE || (m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags != UI64LIT(0x0020000000000000))) &&
+                m_spellInfo->Id != 2764)
            {
                SendInterrupted(2);
                return SPELL_FAILED_NOT_BEHIND;

• 39 years later...
  • 2 months later...

This is almost 3 months old, and it's still under review.

Just making an assumption, but I am assuming that they're trying not to utilize too many workarounds to the spells, and are (smartly) trying to decypher the flags in the DBC files.

However, I'd really like to see the Throw spell work correctly, so thanks for this patch.

Time for a bump. I would love to see #1 priority for all class spells before you guys dedicate your time for implementing spells for bosses...

that's my idea too...anyway....BUMP, what's wrong with this patch? maybe it's not "perfectly clean" but it works o.O thrown ( and shadow dance....and many other class spells ) are bugged since a lot of time ago...i am not flaming, this is only a "prayer"...please, implement this fix :(:(:(

• 4 weeks later...