[bug]Chain Lightning (target chain damage)

darkstalker

Mangos Version: 9034 (linux x86_64)

SD2 Version: 1513

Database Version: YTDB 524

There is a strange problem with Chain Lightning, sometimes fails to cast in certain positions (you do the cast but no damage or spell animation occurs when you finish casting). From my testing seems that CheckCast and other spell processes return ok, but SetTargetMap gets 0 chain targets. Seems to happen when target is in a different grid position from caster (not 100% sure).

To reproduce bug:

1) move the caster with: .go xy 7507.56 -1191.52 571

2) move target with: .go xy 7502.45 -1201.9 571

3) make caster cast chain lightning at target.

at this point caster is in cell[46,29]grid[0,6] and target cell[46,29]grid[0,5]

moving them to same grid makes the spell work normally.

Mangos Version: 8870 (linux x86_64)

SD2 Version: 1507

Database Version: UDB 0.11.6 (385)

this spell is working on this server but some weird things happened, I was doing some WSG en I ran solo to the enemy base and I encountered some enemies one of them was an ele shaman, he casted his chain lightning and I got hitted 3 times with nothing between the spells.

My combat log reads something like this:

Me hits Ele shaman for 1020

Ele shaman's Chain lightining hits Me for 3096 nature (critical)

Ele shaman's Chain lightining hits Me for 4780 nature (critical)

Ele shaman's Chain lightining hits Me for 1704 nature

Me hits Ele shaman for 1034

etc.

Is that possible or some kind of bug?

• 2 weeks later...
Hmm it seems to me that the priest spell Penance has exactly the same problem, you can sometimes cast it and it does nothing even if you cast it on yourself...the channeling goes off and you also got cooldown on it but the healing/damage does not happen.

Maybe it cause problem when you try to heal someone whose not on your target frame? I have seen this happen when I'm using hotkeys voor heals en using Grid to select my targets (so I have no target frame)

In my case I hotkeyed flash heal on button 1 and penance on button 2. I press button 1 to select flash heal (no target) then I move mouse cursor to whomever need heals, it never fails. I press button 2 to select penance move my cursor to someone on Grid window, penance fails. Hope this helps.

Maybe it cause problem when you try to heal someone whose not on your target frame? I have seen this happen when I'm using hotkeys voor heals en using Grid to select my targets (so I have no target frame)

In my case I hotkeyed flash heal on button 1 and penance on button 2. I press button 1 to select flash heal (no target) then I move mouse cursor to whomever need heals, it never fails. I press button 2 to select penance move my cursor to someone on Grid window, penance fails. Hope this helps.

Yea if you use f.e. alt hot key for self-targeting and you do not have anybody in target frame, it always fails. If you have an enemy in target frame, it heals him (lol). And sometimes it failes even if you are targeting somebody :/.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I can confirm it since 3.1.3, not only chain lightning is bugged. also hunters Volley and few other spells are involved.

I noticed the same kind of problem with

* mage's Arcane Missiles - channeling goes on, but no missiles are flying, moving the mage and starting the cast again helps in most cases (i'm not sure whether starting the cast again without moving doesn't help too - but in these cases the mobs are running towards me, so the position of the target is changing)

* druid's Maul - there's no miss in the combat log, it just goes off consuming rage without doing anything (i had Glyph of Maul equipped)

* DK's Heart Strike - same as the druid's Maul, consumes blood rune, but goes off without without hitting, missing or anything

In the druid's and DK's case if i don't move and just spam these abilities, they never hit, but after moving a bit there's a good chance that they start to work again.

I can confirm that CL can hit multiply and sometimes doesnt hit at all.

I think the problem with Arcane Missiles and Penance is related to that target type, which changed after 3.1.3? I am not sure, but before Arcane Missiles worked fine like for 3 years?

"Never touch a running system" is kinda unknown at mangos...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use