Auntie Mangos

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 39 years later...

Mangos Version: 8798

SD2 Version: 1495

Database Name and Version : UDB 0.11.6 (385)

How it SHOULD work: strikes an opponent with both weapons with increased damage for each hand, and another increase against poisoned targets

How it DOES work: it does very low damage; using Mutilate with http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=14177 makes it crit only with main hand.

link: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=1329 << from talent tree

triggered effects: http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=5374, http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=27576

and "Add Combo Points

Value: 2" (from wowhead.com)

80 lvl rank of Mutilate - http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48666

How it works on official server:

4-6k crits on 80lvl,

and 3-5k on 70lvl with 70lvl's Mutilate equipped with s2/s3 daggers (~1600ap).

How it works on Mangos:

Even with s4 daggers and 2k ap it crits for not more than 2k (not each weapon, MH+OH)

Some suggestions/ideas:

- check if "% weapon damage plus an additional x with each weapon" is applied and isn't reduced by the armor, as it shouldn't be [reduced];

- check if http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=14072 works for Mutilate

- check if "20% bonus damage against posioned targets" works

maybe bonus damage talents that are suposed to affect mutilate are not doing so ?

maybe the formula mangos is using isnt correct?

maybe bonus against poisoned targets isn applying?

plz we need to find the problem with mut, because currently in mangos rogues are getting behind cause the best pvp(and now pve) tree, assasination, is not what it is supposed to be thanks to mutilate bug.

can't really Confirm this,

i got Savage, and Hateful asoffpvp items. + some ilvl200 Heroic Dagger/BS crafted one.

and i crit for 2.1k on both weapon, on a full geared Savage arms warrior.

mangoscore: 9061

The only Big problem on Mangos is, that we dont got Poisonsproc on Abilities.. making us really "nerfed"

i got Savage, and Hateful asoffpvp items. + some ilvl200 Heroic Dagger/BS crafted one.

The only Big problem on Mangos is, that we dont got Poisonsproc on Abilities.. making us really "nerfed"

At lvl 70? On mangoscore: 8935 on our server at lvl 70 i hitted warrior with 500crit from mh+oh :/

Yes I know how to play, not only me got this problem. On our server at the moment we have wotlk and lvl cap 70. Every single rogue got this problem .It's look like your dmg from mutilate is broken, less than autoattack white damage. I'm just wondering if someone can look at this problem and try to fix it, becouse I don't know how to.

If any of you want to try and fix it here is the code:

Mangos Rev 9045

SpellEffects.cpp

void Spell::EffectWeaponDmg(uint32 i)
{
       case SPELLFAMILY_ROGUE:
       {
           // Mutilate (for each hand)
           if(m_spellInfo->SpellFamilyFlags & UI64LIT(0x600000000))
           {
               bool found = false;
               // fast check
               if(unitTarget->HasAuraState(AURA_STATE_DEADLY_POISON))
                   found = true;
               // full aura scan
               else
               {
                   Unit::AuraMap const& auras = unitTarget->GetAuras();
                   for(Unit::AuraMap::const_iterator itr = auras.begin(); itr!=auras.end(); ++itr)
                   {
                       if(itr->second->GetSpellProto()->Dispel == DISPEL_POISON)
                       {
                           found = true;
                           break;
                       }
                   }
               }

[b]                if(found)
                   totalDamagePercentMod *= 1.2f;          // 120% if poisoned[/b]
           }
}

The other code just checks to see if the unit is behind the target.

[Edit:] I can't seem to find any more information from the source files on Mutilate...so I guess this is it. Seems the poison should work if the poison/aura check is working properly. I see a lot of people complaining about Mutilate. I'm new to source code development in Mangos so I don't know how much help I can give, but it would be nice if Mutilate got fixed.

If any of you want to try and fix it here is the code:

Mangos Rev 9045

SpellEffects.cpp

void Spell::EffectWeaponDmg(uint32 i)
{
       case SPELLFAMILY_ROGUE:
       {
           {
               bool found = false;
               // fast check
                   found = true;
               // full aura scan
               else
               {
                   {
                       {
                           found = true;
                           break;
                       }
                   }
               }

[b]                if(found)
                   totalDamagePercentMod *= 1.2f;          // 120% if poisoned[/b]
           }
}

The other code just checks to see if the unit is behind the target.

[Edit:] I can't seem to find any more information from the source files on Mutilate...so I guess this is it. Seems the poison should work if the poison/aura check is working properly. I see a lot of people complaining about Mutilate. I'm new to source code development in Mangos so I don't know how much help I can give, but it would be nice if Mutilate got fixed.

This is already in Mangos since long time..

i run 41/5/25 , have two direbrew`s shankers 2.0 (2.0 speed daggers) all gemed for ap, mixed pve , pvp gear(a mix of deadly and heroics badge items) and the max ive gotten is 2.5k mainhand against low res cloth targets, against arms warriors in full hatefull a get 1.1k tops mainhand and like 500 offhand(and thats the higher ive ever gotten agaist a plate wearer).

mangoscore: 9036

with current mutilate damage even a warlock cant tank me.

ive had experience on retail to know this damage is really low.

Using Mangos rev 9045 I tested Mutilate rank 6 using a lvl 80 Human Rogue w/ only Worn Daggers against mobs in the Booty Bay area. Without any talents or spells, mainhand dealt 43-45 dmg and offhand dealt 22-23 more or less.

Without any talents or poisons, Mutilate dealt 245 main hand and 125-130 off hand more or less.

With Dual Wield Specialization, Mutilate dealt 245 main hand and 185 off hand more or less.

So, the formula for Mutilate under Mangos is 100% weapon damage for main hand + 181 weapon damage (Mutilate rank 6) before armor reduction and 100% weapon damage off hand + 90-91 weapon damage (without Dual Wield Specialization) or 181 / 10 * rank of Dual Wield Specialization (in the test I had 50% increased off hand weapon damage from Dual Wield Specialization).

Now for poison test. I used Deadly Poison I on both weapons and applied the poison using Shiv. The poison increased the weapon damage by the 20% that it was supposed to using Mutilate.

Conclusion, the formula for Mutilate is accurate. The weapon damage or the armor reduction may be off, but Mutilate works like it should.

The bugs for Rogue talents lie in Cold Blood and Seal Fate. Cold Blood doesn't proc a critical strike on the offhand weapon and Seal Fate does not add the extra combo point.

[Edit:] I searched the source code and the main files don't even reference Cold Blood. Also, this is what resulted for Seal Fate:

Unit.cpp

bool Unit::HandleProcTriggerSpell(Unit *pVictim, uint32 damage, Aura* triggeredByAura, SpellEntry const *procSpell, uint32 procFlags, uint32 procEx, uint32 cooldown)
{
       // Finish movies that add combo
       case 14189: // Seal Fate (Netherblade set)
       case 14157: // Ruthlessness
       {
           // Need add combopoint AFTER finish movie (or they dropped in finish phase)
           break;
       }
}

The above code is NOT a FIX or a PATCH.

So, the formula for Mutilate under Mangos is 100% weapon damage for main hand + 181 weapon damage(Mutilate rank 6) before armor reduction and 100% weapon damage off hand + 90-91 weapon damage (without Dual Wield Specialization) or 181 / 10 * rank of Dual Wield Specialization (in the test I had 50% increased off hand weapon damage from Dual Wield Specialization).

No, no, and another time - NO! That added dmg isn't reduced by the off hand penalty, nor by the armor, so anytime and anywhere you should be able to attack for at least 181 dmg with each hand. Moreover, when you 've got Dual Wield Specialization, your dmg bonus from Mutilate for off hand is also increased.

The bugs for Rogue talents lie in Cold Blood and Seal Fate. Cold Blood doesn't proc a critical strike on the offhand weapon and Seal Fate does not add the extra combo point.

Seal Fate works properly, adding a combo point after a crit of any hand while using Mutilate, whereas Cold Blood procs only on main hand, or even don't procs.

Hmm...under further review you are correct. The offhand weapon damage should be 60+ higher without Dual Wield Specialization and even more with it.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Mutilate

Notice the formula portion - "Offhand Base Damage = (Base Damage * Offhand Reduction) + ( Mutilate Bonus Damage * (1 + (.1 * Dual Wield Specialization Rank)))"

and also - The formula above has been changed to reflect what actually happens regarding offhand damage. Previously, the Mutilate Bonus Damage was listed as being reduced by the offhand penalty. However, it is in fact not reduced by the offhand penalty. Also, not only is the bonus damage not reduced, 5/5 DW Specialization increases it by 50%. This means the offhand bonus ends up being 101 if you don't have DW Specialization, and 151.5 if you have 5/5 DW Specialization.

Now if I only knew where the actual spell code is located...it should be an easy fix.

Did you try using other poisons than Deadly? Because I believe that 20% DMG increase should be working also for Wound and Crippling Poison.

that makes sense beacuse when you run 41/5/25 you just go with double wound, maybe the bonus is only working with deadly ?

and the pvp envenom spec is useless due to master poisiner being also bugged so.

PD: someone pls show the location of the mutilate code in the source files so we can have a look at it and locate the failiure

\\src\\game\\Spell.cpp(4120)

{
               bool found = false;
               // fast check
                   found = true;
               // full aura scan
               else
               {
                   {
                       {
                           found = true;
                           break;
                       }
                   }
               }

if(found)
                   totalDamagePercentMod *= 1.2f;          // 120% if poisoned
           }

I'm trying to determine whether Mutilate is a spell that triggers 2 more spells or if it just adds weapon damage to a melee strike. Also, I'm unsure whether all of the damage information is contained within the Spell.dbc file or if there needs to be external coding to adjust for missing damage calculations. If it is all within the Spell.dbc file then I think it would be best and easiest to trigger the other 2 spells linked to Mutilate. I think as well that all of the Mutilate spell ranks are linked to 2 other spells.

I'm not that knowledgeable of the Mangos core so some help on how EffectTriggerSpell(uint32 effIndex) functions would be appreciated. It would seem that Mutilate adds additional non-armor reduced damage and in order to create that effect it would have to be pure damage, not weapon damage.

I'm going to play around w/ the coding to see if I get any results.