[BUG] Mutilate

Auntie Mangos

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is problem with this spell ?...

tested and works fine. :)

well when i tested it the funny thing is that when the target is poisoned the damage seems affected by the bonus when its a main hand crit or offhand crit but ii doesnt seem to aplly when it hits a double crit(although its only what i found out with my testing and is not an absolute conclution and more testing could have been needed).

but if the poisoned target bonus is working properlly then the bug must be elsewhere, maybe the talents afecting mutilate or the extra damage with each hand are not working but mutilate damage in mangos is clearly bugged anyone who have played on retail with a rogue knows this.

PD: according to what ive heard, mutilate in trinity seems to be working as intended maybe someone could check mut code there and see if we can aplly it over here

Sorry all I haven't been working on this too much. School started for me and I'm waiting for a laptop I just ordered to come in (my compile times are really long right now like 30+ min). So...once my laptop comes in I'll be able to test and debug and fix a lot quicker...until then, I guess I can't do much to help.

you guys see this thing totally wrong,

we should hit 1-2k~ BOTH weapons and 2x Instanpoison 900(with improved poison) damage..

thats around 4-5k just noncrit, now calculate the muti as crit, both 2k~, and it would hit hardcore..

The Problem is POISON doesnt proc on abilities...

The Problem is POISON doesnt proc on abilities...

I tested, and works!

Maybe your AttackPower is low...I had 3855 AttackPower on my Rogue.

Without POISON, I did 2635 Crit for Mainhand and 1974 Crit for OffHand by using Mutilate.

With POISON, I did 3529 Crit for MainHand and 2512 Crit for OffHand by using Mutilate.

My Talent is 43/5/23.

Well, the problem is ColdBlood doesn't make BOTH MainHand and OffHand Crit.

If you don't believe me, go test it with 3855 AttackPower.

ohh dude, read what i wrote...

I said Poisons DOESNT proc on Abilities.

They proc on Whiteattacks yes, and when Wound is on Target you GAIN the +20%Buff..

But really, what rogue does use CB/MUTI?...

and yes

Majorbug -- Poison should PROC on abilities i.e. Mutilate / Fan of Knives / Sinister Strike / Killing Spree and many others

"Poison should proc only Mutilate" ???...

again to get your things right:

atm, SPELLS like Mutilate/Sinister Strike and some others DOESNT proc Poisons i.e. Wound/Instant..

but if the poison procs in lets say mutilate, the poison damage would appear as part of mutilate damage or in another yellow number? the thing im complaining about is that with about 3.5 ap im doing betwen 1-2k more damage with backstab than mutilate(double crit) and we al know mut double crit damage is about the same as backstab crit damage asuming of course poisoned target, and even though poisons arent procing from our abiities we should still see similar damage between mutilate and backstab.

"Poison should proc only Mutilate" ???...

again to get your things right:

atm, SPELLS like Mutilate/Sinister Strike and some others DOESNT proc Poisons i.e. Wound/Instant..

Noo, I mean Posion must proc only for Mutilate not others spells... go check http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=48666

It say

Damage is increased by 20% against Poisoned targets.

This proc only for Mutilate... Is that true? :confused:

so they should proc on any spells that deal weapon damage?

yes they should, and actually that would affect not only mutilate but every combo builder for rogues

PD: even though i dont think mutilate bug is just poison proc(due to backstab still doing 1-2k more damage than mut), the poison proc bug is really huge and it nerf us rogues to the ground, so maybe someone could post a thread about it, i would do it my self but its getting late and im tired, i will do it tomorrow if nobody does

I got my new laptop this week and I'm currently installing all the files and setting it all up. I'll start testing once its all set up correctly. I think it has to do with trigger spells and the triggerspell method but I'm not positive.

Edit: I've done some testing and the problem lies in the triggered spells. Mutilate is correctly triggering the mainhand and offhand weapondamage spell, BUT those spells are doing incorrect damage. The next step is to figure out how those spells are being called and what information they are getting to give off incorrect weapon damage.

So, the problem is not in the triggerspell method. I think that it may be how the triggered spells are being read. The spell effect of weapon damage is stored in the array Effect[] when it is read off of the DBC file. There are no references to Mutilate outside of the normal system, thus it is being called through the normal method and is using the array Effect[] to calculate its weapon damage.

NOTE: Under further investigation, I have found that the two triggered spells have a SpellEffect ID of 0. What this means is that according to our system, the triggered spells are not calculating the WeaponDamage but are doing something else. I'm gonna keep searching to see what they are actually doing.

The problem is either during the call when the weapon damage is being calculated or it is a deeply nested problem.