MaNGOS switch to support 3.3.0A (11159)

Guest VladimirMangos

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am very happy to see the project move forward.. however might I ask one wee question? do you have any idea why it gives say... bloodelf warlocks a staff in thier starter gear but dagger use?

Read the changelog

Default Equipment: Starting weapons are now more uniform. Rogues now start with a pair of daggers equipped. All other classes except shamans start with a 2-handed weapon equipped and the required skill already known. Shamans start with a 1-handed weapon and a shield, as they benefit more from the shield than they would from a 2-handed weapon.

That might be how its SUPPOSED to work... if thats the case, then you have an error in bloodelves....in bloodelven warlocks more than likely all warlocks.

ok since this isnt a db forum i will cut this short:

if anyone plans to use 330 be aware to make the following change:

change all characters in playercreateinfo_spell so that any racial combo of warlock uses the staves instead of daggers:

for example blood elves:

INSERT INTO `playercreateinfo_spell` VALUES
('10', '9', '1180', 'Daggers');

should be:

('10', '9', '227', 'Staves');

Now i havent checked the rest of the classes to make sure that they have correct starter weapons as of yet, but I would warn you all to be wary that this might occur to say assassins who are supposed to start with double daggers.. I am unsure if they do or not as of yet but they didnt in 322a so i bet you they do not.

Anyone know how to make 2 realms, the first one (main) with 3.2.2a, and the second one (test server) with 3.3.0a?

I tried, but if i login with 3.3.0a the client close and I cant get into main or test server, and if i get with a 3.2.2a client it login without problems to main server, but cant get into test server.

Anyone know how to make 2 realms, the first one (main) with 3.2.2a, and the second one (test server) with 3.3.0a?

I tried, but if i login with 3.3.0a the client close and I cant get into main or test server, and if i get with a 3.2.2a client it login without problems to main server, but cant get into test server.

my hardware admin figured out how to do this on our live server... send me a private message and I will route you to the answer as it will require talking to him and i cannot post my private server openly

quick jump? what exactly was quick about it? its been in the dev repo since it announced in PTR... really if you are afraid to get your feet wet get the heck out of the water.

I am still in agreement that the purpose for this server is for learning purposes, under which i am learning more and more about c+, mysql and how to use git on a developer level... quick jump? no... scared of change... more likely

""That might be how its SUPPOSED to work... if thats the case, then you have an error in bloodelves....in bloodelven warlocks more than likely all warlocks.

ok since this isnt a db forum i will cut this short:

if anyone plans to use 330 be aware to make the following change:

change all characters in playercreateinfo_spell so that any racial combo of warlock uses the staves instead of daggers:

for example blood elves:

Code :

('10', '9', '1180', 'Daggers');

should be:

Code :

('10', '9', '227', 'Staves');

Now i havent checked the rest of the classes to make sure that they have correct starter weapons as of yet, but I would warn you all to be wary that this might occur to say assassins who are supposed to start with double daggers.. I am unsure if they do or not as of yet but they didnt in 322a so i bet you they do not.

Last edited by erazare; Yesterday at 07:19 AM. ""

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

your right i checked too and class 8 has staves.. but again this is the wrong place to post errors

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use