• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi

I got a problem

when I run mangosd.exe it is loading then it is close the screen

I got this error in ServerLog

( 2010-11-21 13:22:52 ERROR:CreatureEventAI:  Event 419501 Action 2 param1 references non-existing entry (-47) in texts table.
2010-11-21 13:22:52 ERROR:CreatureEventAI:  Event 1021601 Action 2 param1 references non-existing entry (-47) in texts table.)

plz help me

• 4 weeks later...
Checkout Directory: C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2

** When the transfer is completed, you can see the revision at the bottom such “At revision: 1643”

• Click OK

• Right click on C:\\Mangos and choose “Git Bash”

• Right click on C:\\Mangos and choose “Git Bash”

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT !?!?!?

Right click on “Git Bash” !?!?!?!?

I REALY DONT UNDERSTAND U !?

and

** When the transfer is completed, you can see the revision at the bottom such “At revision: 1643”

I dont see no “At revision: 1643” !?

i only see at reversion "number"

HEEEEELP !

I think i understand youre text now..

so now i get this message from what i understand that youre saying to do...

I get this :

cat: d:/pigpow/.git/rebase-apply/next: No such file or directory
previous rebase directory d:/pigpow/.git/rebase-apply still exist but mbox given.

i thuagt i would be making this server without any problem but

now it will take longer time so i gues il not be in time befor my work starts :( well..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there

Sorry for the late reply, guess everyone else has bin busy as well during Christmas time :P

For Part6 ...the “ code, well this is when they changed the forum system ...my quotes or code to put this text in bold or whatever has changed to weird stuff....so don't bother with that

Part 10... just do whats written, you're trying to go to fast, i'm saying to download the UDB Database and Updates, you will need them later on...

I've did this over there simply because i'm asking already to download all the clients patch and apply them, so at the same time you can download thoses....save times....

• 3 weeks later...

I have been having this problem for a couple of days now and have tried the mentioned solutions to no end.

while running MySQL instance configuration wizard and following the instructions in this guide i get an:

Error No. 1045

Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password : NO)

i am running win7 and my firewall is off, i have tried running with admin rights, i have tried compatibility with XP SP3 and have tried using no password but nothing seems to work.

i have also tried this on an XP machine and it had similar problem where it fails on applying security settings.

if anyone could give me some more information to help me get this sorted i would really appreciate it.

Edit:

After some time i managed to come up with a solution,

after installing mysql i chose not to configure mysql through the configuration wizard, but instead used the command line method of installing and making mysql a service and added my own password for root and created other user names.

i have finally got to the point where i can open the game and join the server, the only problem being that the server is empty (No NPC's or mobs) so time for me to start looking for a solution or if anyone knows what i missed the help would be appreciated.

Edit 2:

again a little effort and i sorted my NPC problem, i can connect fine but only on a local machine. i just have an issue with section 18 in the guide where adding a lan server (I am assuming), but once i get into the game client i can see the new server but it is grayed out on both the host and other machines but the original MaNGOs server is available but only host machine can connect to that. will tinker some more later but any clarification on how exactly to go about section 18 would be helpful as i am unsure if i used the correct method.

Edit 3:

seems i was creating a new realm instead of editing the ip adress, i have set the mangos server ip to my machines ip with sqlyog and now i can connect with both local machine and another machine.

thanks for the guide and for all those with problems... perseverance is the key :D

• 3 weeks later...
Edit 2:

again a little effort and i sorted my NPC problem, i can connect fine but only on a local machine. i just have an issue with section 18 in the guide where adding a lan server (I am assuming), but once i get into the game client i can see the new server but it is grayed out on both the host and other machines but the original MaNGOs server is available but only host machine can connect to that. will tinker some more later but any clarification on how exactly to go about section 18 would be helpful as i am unsure if i used the correct method.

Edit 3:

seems i was creating a new realm instead of editing the ip adress, i have set the mangos server ip to my machines ip with sqlyog and now i can connect with both local machine and another machine.

thanks for the guide and for all those with problems... perseverance is the key :D

So.. you just changed the one existing to "id: 1 name: MaNGOS address: <machines ip> port: 8085" ?

I can't get the server to work for others on the outside.

At windows recommented use old VS sollution files in win dir. This specially noted in news post. Als om news post described way how use cmake way if you want. But this experimental feature for windows platform mangos build.

Where are these located? I cannot seem to find any VS solution files in the download.

At windows recommented use old VS sollution files in win dir. This specially noted in news post. Als om news post described way how use cmake way if you want. But this experimental feature for windows platform mangos build.

Where are these located? I cannot seem to find any VS solution files in the download.

In the win folder, like Vladimir said.

• 1 month later...

I've encountered and issue that looks to be like I've updated my databases too far?

2011-03-23 15:36:11 SQL: SELECT required_11200_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2011-03-23 15:36:11 query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_11200_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data' in 'field list'

2011-03-23 15:36:11 The table `db_version` in your [WORLD] database indicates that this database is out of date!

2011-03-23 15:36:11

2011-03-23 15:36:11 a You have: --> `11234_01_mangos_command.sql`

2011-03-23 15:36:11 b You need: --> `11200_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data.sql`

2011-03-23 15:36:11 You must apply all updates after a to b to use mangos with this database.

2011-03-23 15:36:11 These updates are included in the sql/updates folder.

2011-03-23 15:36:11 Please read the included [README] in sql/updates for instructions on updating.

If this is the case how do I go about removing the updates? or Do I need to simply start over and reply every update to the system?

How do I go about identifying what the current database is and what the core should actually be in order for them to be compatible.

For example the release for my DCM if that's the acronym is "399_updatepack_mangos". and the last update in my sql/updates is the :

"11200_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data". but obviously it's not the one that's currently installed. did ACID overwrite it to an incompatible addition or something?

I would just be happy in knowing if I need to start over because I went too far or something.

Hot Diggity Dog! This is a straight forward set up. I'm loving it. Thanks for your work putting this guide together. 3 evenings, a couple of hours each, and it's up and running. I hit a few curves, but analyzing the errors, quickly leads to my own error in reading instructions!

Thank you endlessly!

And than you MaNGOS team for your AMAZING dedication and hard work!

Gratefully,

Aescleal

• 2 weeks later...
i can't patch

User@USER-DA7AC2AF9C c:/Mangos (master)
$ git apply --check Addon/AHBot/ahbot.patch
error: patch failed: src/game/Mail.cpp:1002
error: src/game/Mail.cpp: patch does not apply

Please help me.:rolleyes:

Repo is a little out of date with mangos...generated patch file needs a patch to accomodate the new mangos source...replace the lines in the patch file that read:

Player* pReceiver = receiver.GetPlayer();               // can be NULL

+    if (receiver.GetPlayerGuid() == auctionbot.GetAHBObjectGuid())
+    {
+        if (sender.GetMailMessageType() == MAIL_AUCTION && !m_items.empty())
+            deleteIncludedItems(true);
+
+        return;
+    }
+
    if (pReceiver)
        prepareItems(pReceiver);                            // generate mail template items

with the following lines:

Player* pReceiver = receiver.GetPlayer();               // can be NULL

bool has_items = !m_items.empty();

+    if (receiver.GetPlayerGuid() == auctionbot.GetAHBObjectGuid())
+    {
+        if (sender.GetMailMessageType() == MAIL_AUCTION && has_items)
+            deleteIncludedItems(true);
+
+        return;
+    }
+
    // generate mail template items for online player, for offline player items will generated at open
    if (pReceiver)
    {
        if (prepareItems(pReceiver))
            has_items = true;
    }

Just want to throw a big THANK YOU out to the devs for a great addon!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi guys i hope you can see it soon i have problem i think its problem i start Git Gui enter the adress and the directory and wait for download .. but im waiting now for 2 hours? Is something wrong or ??? and nothing appears on the window that is downloading nothing it says only "working ... please wait". thank you

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use