World of Warcraft Server for Windows - Installation Guide

PART 19 - SETTING UP YOUR WORLD OF WARCRAFT CLIENT

• Copy C:\\World Of Warcraft\\Data\\enUS\\realmlist.wtf to realmlist.old within the same folder

** Your locale folder may be named differently according to your region (“enUS”, “enGB”, “frFR”, “deDE”, etc)

• Open realmlist.wtf in Notepad and change the contents to the following:

set realmlist [server IP]

set patchlist [server IP]

** Everyone trying to connect will need to do the same steps. You should always use the shortest route to a server so the IP address should differ depending weather you’re in the same network or from outside

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PART 21 - POSSIBLE ERRORS

• If you get an error that says something like “sql was probably updated” or “# fields, # missing”, then you need to update your database and possibly your entire core

• If you get any map or dbc errors, make sure that the “datadir” field is set to “.” (in mangos.conf) and that your dbc and map files are up-to-date with your client in your MaNGOS core folder

• If your Mangos is not up to date, a known problem would be that the Auction House Bot will refer to some lines in C:\\Mangos\\src\\mangosd\\mangosd.conf.dist.in and give an error message doing the check. If this is the case, edit the patch file with Turtoise. The file type should already be associated with the program. Locate the reference to the file. Take note of the changes made and do them manually in your mangosd.conf.dist.in file at the appropriated place. Afterward, open the patch file with Notepad and erase the entire code referring to the file

Exemple: Add the Network.KickOnBadPacket line after the Network.TcpNodelay in the mangosd.conf.dist.in file

Then you would find and delete in the patch file the appropriate line. A square mean a change of line (the enter key) so keep at least one square between the code before and after what you’ve deleted

** For other type of problem, you’ll need to check on the proper forum and website for some help or diagnose yourself the problem.

PART 22 - CONSOLE COMMANDS

• Once everything in mangosd.exe has loaded, here is some commands you can use.

** In your Mangosd window, there is tons of text; not to worry, keep typing anyway, it doesn't matter)

• Creating the actual account

account create [username] [password]

Example:account create MyNewAccount MyPassword

• Enabling expansions for a user

account set addon [username] [0 to 2]

0) Basic version

1) The Burning Crusade

2) Wrath of the Litch King

Example:account set addon MyNewAccount 2

• Changing GM levels

account set gmlevel [username] [0 to 3]

0) Player

3) Administrator

Example:account set gmlevel MyNewAccount 3

• Shutdown or Restart your server

.server shutdown [delay]

** The delay is the number of seconds

PART 23 - HOW TO UPDATE YOUR SERVER (TO BE TESTED)

** Part 1 – Verify your actual version

• Write your supported version of Mangos. See PART 10 - Verify your Versions

** Part 2 – Mangos Update

• Right click on your C:\\Mangos folder and choose “GIT GUI Here”

• Click on the menu “Remote”, “Fetch From”, “origin”

• Wait until completion

• Then close the Fetch window

• Click on the menu “Merge”, “Local Merge”, “origin/master” and click on “Merge”

• Wait until completion

** If you get an error that says that a file is being modified, select the appropriate file in the list on the left and then click on the “Commit” button located in the middle

** For any other errors on the above, try the menu ”Branch”, Reset...”

** To see what changes happened, go to the menu “Repository”, “Visualise Master's History”

• Close the GIT application windows

** Part 3 – ScriptDev2 Update

• Right click on your C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2 folder and choose “GIT GUI Here”

• Follow the similar steps as you need to for MaNGOS Update

** Part 4 – Patch Update

** Get all other Add-on updates that you're using and reapply them. For the AHBot, see AHBot Part 1 – Creating the Patch file and AHBot Part 2 – Auction House Patch – Require the software to be re-compile

** Part 5 - Updating the files

• Re-compile Mangos and ScriptDev2. See PART 8 - Compiling Mangos and ScriptDev2 and PART 9 - Installing Mangos

• Verify if your supported version of Mangos has changed. See PART 10 - Verify your Versions

• If so, delete your folders “Maps”, “DBC”, “Vmaps” and “Buildings” in your C:\\Mangos. Extract the files again. See PART 11 - Extracting Files From Your Client

• Open SQLyog and connect to your database

• Download the latest UDB core and update pack you haven't applied and update your Database with your Mangos/UDB Core and UDB update files. See PART 15 - Updating your Database with SQL Files

• After applying the Core and Update pack, empty the “query” textbox to the right of SQLyog and paste the contents of the C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2\\sql\\scriptdev2_script_full.sql file

• Select all the text in the textbox (Ctrl-A), then press the play button (F9) in the toolbar at the top of SQLyog

• Use the new configuration files and configure them. See PART 9 - Installing Mangos and PART 17 - Configuring Mangos

** The reason you need to use the new configuration file is because they may have added new settings. You may want to look on your conf.old files to help you configure the file again

• Re-apply ACID. See PART 16 - Adding ACID

Got this error, when opening mangosd.exe.

2010-03-23 19:38:36 SQL: SELECT required_9590_01_mangos_db_script_string FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2010-03-23 19:38:36 query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_9590_01_mangos_db_script_string' in 'field list'

2010-03-23 19:38:36 Table `db_version` have field `required_8731_01_mangos_creature_template` but expected `required_9590_01_mangos_db_script_string`! Not all sql updates applied?

Make sure you've download the latest Mangos (See Part 5). See Part 14 and 15 for inserting the database and updating it... but as TheCastellum said, your database haven't received the updates...they are all in your C:\\Mangos\\SQL\\updates and you need to do all .... approx 60 updates file.... Characters Database should already be up to date...so you might just skip them ...

But read Part 15, it explains it all ....

you can also put all 60 SQL files in your window as long as they are in the same order and that you don't skip any of them....

First file should be 9010_01_realmd_realmlist.sql ....so i'm wondering if your mangos is up to do since it requires 8731_01 ...but thats for the creature template...so it might not be the database itself...so better check your Databases version

I thought I would give this a try. Got to the svn checkout bit in part 6 and this happened:-

Checkout from https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.n...oot/scriptdev2, revision HEAD, Fully recursive, Externals included

OPTIONS of 'https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.n...oot/scriptdev2': Could not

resolve hostname `scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.n...oot': The requested name is

valid, but no data of the requested type was found.

(https://scriptdev2.svn.sourceforge.n...oot)

I copied and pasted exactly what you put up though, so am a little confused.

Haha, got it now. It' the way the forum changes the link. Well, the build is going good so far dude, on the vmaps bit now.

You'll have to excuse my newbness, haven't done this for....at least 3 years :D

I Get Errors in Compiling

13>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'mangosd.lib'

13>Build log was saved at "file://g:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

13>script - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Rebuild All: 8 succeeded, 5 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Pls Help Me

im using Visual Studio 2008 Express Edition SP1

Tools >> Pptions >> Projects and Solutions >> VC++Directories >> Executalbe files = C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\bin

Includ files = C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Include

Library files = C:\\Program Files\\Microsoft SDKs\\Windows\\v6.0A\\Lib

Well i've look a bit arround the internet but this is vague.... some tolds about the Lib file like me , some other told about C++ configuration, and some other didnt found any solution....perhaps a version of mangos that bin modified by other people...i don't know...

I assume your trying to build your server right now so i'll simply suggest that you follow this thread from step 1.... it's gonna be alot simplier this way and it's not very long to get to the step where you build mangos... with the download and installation, 1 hour and you should have build mangos...of course, there would be more work to do but mangos would be builded

humm your register from 2008? was that an old mangos you,ve updated??

I am getting the same results as plang. It seems it cannot find tbbmalloc.lib and mangosd.lib files.

I set the SDK as you said but I'm stuck here for now. Just so you know im running Windows 7 and using MS Visual C++ 2008

Do i maybe need to update the SDK itself?

12>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\\..\\dep\\lib\\win32_release\\tbbmalloc.lib'

12>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

12>mangosd - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

13>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

========== Build: 8 succeeded, 5 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========

I am getting the same results as plang. It seems it cannot find tbbmalloc.lib and mangosd.lib files.

I set the SDK as you said but I'm stuck here for now. Just so you know im running Windows 7 and using MS Visual C++ 2008

Do i maybe need to update the SDK itself?

12>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\\..\\dep\\lib\\win32_release\\tbbmalloc.lib'

12>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

13>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

========== Build: 8 succeeded, 5 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ========

5 failed

This suggests a few other projects also failed to compile, and 2 of those are the ones that are supposed to generate mangosd.lib and tbbmalloc.lib, I suggest you look in the list of errors what the actual error is, should be the top 1-3 errors.

Yea sorry I should have posted the other errors aswell. Here is the all of them:

1>'ml.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
1>operable program or batch file.
1>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\tbb__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
1>tbb - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

3>------ Build started: Project: tbbmalloc, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
2>XML_Svc_Conf.cpp
3>Assembling...
3>'ml.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
3>operable program or batch file.
3>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."
3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
3>tbbmalloc - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

11>Linking...
11>LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file '..\\..\\dep\\lib\\win32_release\\tbbmalloc.lib'
11>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\realmd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
11>realmd - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

12>Linking...

13>------ Build started: Project: script, Configuration: Release Win32 ------
13>Compiling...
13>sc_defines.cpp
13>sc_default.cpp
13>system.cpp
13>ScriptMgr.cpp
13>Linking...

Here is the Build Logs for the first 2 errors. Just in case your wondering why the directories are different I deleted the old one and started over, just used a different drive from C:\\. So everything is still the same aside from the directories.

Build Log

Build started: Project: tbb, Configuration: Release|Win32

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbb__Win32_Release\\BAT00000151366124.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

ml.exe /c  /nologo /Fo".\\tbb__Win32_Release\\lock_byte.obj" /W3 /Zi /errorReport:Prompt  /Ta"..\\..\\dep\\tbb\\src\\tbb\\ia32-masm\\lock_byte.asm"

if errorlevel 1 goto VCReportError

goto VCEnd

:VCReportError

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."

exit 1

:VCEnd
]
Creating command line """h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbb__Win32_Release\\BAT00000151366124.bat"""
Creating temporary file "h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbb__Win32_Release\\BAT00000251366124.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

ml.exe /c  /nologo /Fo".\\tbb__Win32_Release\\atomic_support.obj" /W3 /Zi /errorReport:Prompt  /Ta"..\\..\\dep\\tbb\\src\\tbb\\ia32-masm\\atomic_support.asm"

goto VCEnd

echo Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."

exit 1

]
Creating command line """h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbb__Win32_Release\\BAT00000251366124.bat"""

Output Window

Assembling...
'ml.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."

Results

Build log was saved at "file://h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbb__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
tbb - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Build Log

Build started: Project: tbbmalloc, Configuration: Release|Win32

Command Lines

Creating temporary file "h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\BAT00000551365940.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

ml.exe /c  /nologo /Fo".\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\lock_byte.obj" /W3 /Zi /errorReport:Prompt  /Ta"..\\..\\dep\\tbb\\src\\tbb\\ia32-masm\\lock_byte.asm"

goto VCEnd

exit 1

]
Creating command line """h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\BAT00000551365940.bat"""
Creating temporary file "h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\BAT00000651365940.bat" with contents
[
@echo off

ml.exe /c  /nologo /Fo".\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\atomic_support.obj" /W3 /Zi /errorReport:Prompt  /Ta"..\\..\\dep\\tbb\\src\\tbb\\ia32-masm\\atomic_support.asm"

goto VCEnd

exit 1

]
Creating command line """h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\BAT00000651365940.bat"""

Output Window

Assembling...
'ml.exe' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.
Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Assembling..."

Results

Build log was saved at "file://h:\\Downloads\\Server Stuff\\MaNGOS\\win\\VC90\\tbbmalloc__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"
tbbmalloc - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use