World of Warcraft Server for Windows - Installation Guide

My scriptdev compiles that fine, you might want to make sure you have npc_taretha_AI defined, because based on those errors it looks like it isn't.

Also, you may want to head to the scriptdev forums, because this isn't really the place to discuss this.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello guys, i have 1 question, how i can turn off the debug windows, you know that when mangos crash a debug windows appear with the option of Debug, and Close the Program righ? so how i can turn off this windows, so the restarter program can turn up it again.

i already disable the errors informs from windows and i already search i read something about installing as a service, i try it but still when mangos crash i need to close that windows manually

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure what I'm missing, but I've followed the guide to a T, but when I got to the final steps I realized I don't have mangosd.exe and when I try to run realmd.exe I get dll errors (ACE.dll could not be found, .etc). Now that I've rechecked my steps, it seems when compiling mangosdvc90 I'm getting 1 succeeded, 3 failed, 8 up to date, and I'm also getting a failed for the other file I have to compile. I'm using VC express 2008 on a Vista x64 system. This is the log for mangosdvc90:

1>------ Build started: Project: shared, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

1>Extract revision

1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\shared__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

1>shared - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

2>------ Build started: Project: game, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

2>Compiling...

2>pchdef.cpp

2>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'

2>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2913: explicit specialization; 'std::hash' is not a specialization of a class template

2>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2059: syntax error : '<'

2>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

2>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)

2>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\game__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

2>game - 5 error(s), 0 warning(s)

3>------ Build started: Project: mangosd, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

3>Compiling...

3>WorldRunnable.cpp

3>RASocket.cpp

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2913: explicit specialization; 'std::hash' is not a specialization of a class template

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2059: syntax error : '<'

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)

3>Master.cpp

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2913: explicit specialization; 'std::hash' is not a specialization of a class template

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

3>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)

3>CliRunnable.cpp

3>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\mangosd__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

3>mangosd - 20 error(s), 0 warning(s)

4>------ Build started: Project: script, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

4>Compiling...

4>sc_defines.cpp

4>sc_default.cpp

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2913: explicit specialization; 'std::hash' is not a specialization of a class template

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2059: syntax error : '<'

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)

4>ScriptMgr.cpp

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '<'

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(285) : error C2913: explicit specialization; 'std::hash' is not a specialization of a class template

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before '{'

4>c:\\mangos\\src\\game\\ObjectGuid.h(286) : error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)

4>Build log was saved at "file://c:\\Mangos\\win\\VC90\\script__Win32_Release\\BuildLog.htm"

4>script - 15 error(s), 0 warning(s)

========== Build: 1 succeeded, 3 failed, 8 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Not sure if this helps or if you need any other information, but if someone could let me know where I'm going wrong that'd be appreciated.

I removed all my configuration and started fresh but used VC 2010 Express this time and mangosd.exe showed up and I'm not getting dll errors anymore. When I run realmd.exe it works fine but when I run mangosd.exe it opens, outputs some text, and then closes before I can read what any of that is. If anyone has a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong it would help a lot. I really want to get this up and running!

Well this seem hard to answer wen you can't see the files...

The file mangosd.exe your running is in the same folder as the mangosd.conf ....right? because it should of course

If so, is your folder path anything weird....does it contain any caracters that you would say discutable...such a "!" ...or whatever....

Windows as a lenght of 255 caracters including the name of the file, so if its a very long path, that could cause problem

If everything is ok soo far...i would perhaps try to move mangosd.conf somewhere else and try to launch the server again see if you get to the same error message...just to make sur thats realy the problem...

Well if Realmd works, i guess he can access his own conf file.... well that would be weird...

Yes, mangosd.exe is in the same folder as mangosd.conf. The folder path is C:\\Mangos\\, so I don't think it is the path. I tried putting mangosd.conf in a different folder but I still got the same error message in cmd, and when running mangosd.exe individually it still closes out instantly. Is there anyway I can get mangosd.exe to pause before it exits?

Print Screen and past it in paint! altough you may need a couple of try before you get it a the right moment

Well like someone said earlier, if you go in dos mode and launch the file from there, you should see the text

but otherwise, i don't know what to tell you if it remains the same exact error message... except delete and restart from skratch...

There always a reason behind all this but i'm not in your shoes to find it... i mean if it worked for everyone, there must be something that you did wrong, or missed...

I hope you've downloaded everything from the links i've provided... that its not some random stuff that you got on the internet...

Unless its visual studio that didnt compile right but i doubt that it would be the case. I'm not sur witch one if the best as of today to use...

It was "Visual Studio 2008 Express" a time ago since ScriptDev2 wouldnt support 2010 .... I think Mangos developping team might be working with 2010 now and perhaps converting the version to a lower one for 2008 and 2005 to work ...witch could cause some difference in spaces and ","";" in the code.... but anyway... i doubt the error would come from there

• 2 months later...

hi folks... this is a very good guide, prolly the best i've seen so far. it has been almost a year since i built my mangos testing server so this helped refresh my memory. thanks a bunch.

now about the part of the guide posted about the ahbot: does it apply still to the newest mangos revs? i am asking because when following those steps i get a patch bigger than 11mb or so and it includes all changes to the core and not only the ahbot part as one would expect.

@temporary can you please provide a patch file that includes only the changes made by ahbot? am asking because i have lost track of changes around both mangos and ahbot and working with git is not my best skill

thanks and good job with the guide.

Hi there!

Lucky you, i've decided to check the website... Actualy i wrote the guide, reinstalled it 3 times using the guide...everything was perfect at the time...then i shut down the server and never opened it again... i actualy had more fun making the guide and my server than playing, since i realy didnt do anything at all with it. So it would be hard for me to tell you about the AHBot...

The concept of mangos shouldnt have change much so i don't think theres anything different about installing Mangos

Since the AHBot has not yet bin combine within Mangos and that it is still a Core Addon...this may have change since they are always working on it to make it better... but if i take a look at the first post within xeross155 thread, it still look the same. He updated his post 10 days ago

The only difference is creating the patchfile:

"git diff 4bbb824c8088d28d9736bea51edcda586c471901 ahbot > ../ahbot.patch"

while the line i had at the time was

"git diff master ahbot > ../ahbot.patch"

i don't know if theres a different outcome out of it

For the configuration of the AHBot, perhaps you should take a look at what he wrote... while i beleive the way i've put the information works, i don't know if he changed something within the last ...6 months...

I just want to say I really appreciate the time you spend on this guide. However, there is a problem with getting Visual Studio Express 2008. The download is no longer available from the Microsoft download center. So my question is. Has MaNGOS and ScriptDev2 been updated and completely compatible for use with Visual Studio Express 2010. If not maybe that issue can be dealt with. Or at least provide us with a valid download link for the 2008 version of Visual Studio Express. I was able to find a download for it from 9down. I don't really trust stuff that isn't from the original developers.

Once again thank you for this great guide and I hope all goes well.

I got this info from the Microsoft site. It explains how to make a property sheet for your projects.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How to: Add New Property Sheets to C++ Projects

Visual Studio 2010

This topic describes how to create new Property Sheets (C++), and add them to your C++ projects.

To create a project property sheet

1. Open your solution in the Visual Studio IDE.

2. From the View menu, select the Property Manager menu item. The Property Manager window appears docked on the left of the IDE.

3. In Property Manager, right-click the project that will contain the new property sheet, and then select the Add New Project Property Sheet menu item.

4. In the Add New Item dialog box, enter the name of the new property sheet in the Name text box.

5. Click Add.

The new property sheet will appear as a node in the tree view of the Property Manager window.

Here is the link to all info about Property Sheets.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/a4xbdz1e.aspx?appId=Dev10IDEF1&l=EN-US&k=k%28VS.TOOLSOPTIONSPAGES.PROJECTS.VCDIRECTORIES%29&rd=true

Hi Mephostophiel

Actualy, the question is, Is Scriptdev2 compatible with 2010 because Mangos is...or at least was a year ago... i could take a look...

but i'm not sur what you mean with those details about the sheet project. If you think i am the autor of Mangos, i'll deceived you because i ain't... At the begenning of the year, i wanted to make my own WoW server ...so i got here and i've had soo much trouble to make my installation. The reason is simple, over time, Mangos did change alot and nobody realy kept up to date a guide for multiple reasons. For those who were already following this, it wasn't too much trouble, but for an outsider like me, i was like...ok "what is ScriptDev2, why do i need that and whats the relation with mangos..." So, after asking alot of question, tries and error, i've took some time and wrote myself a guide but then perfect it for them and everyone else to make it easier. We could say it's in some ways, a token of appreciation. Today we can definitivly see that the question related to the installation dropped, witch is great.

Hello guys, at first I like to thank "Temporary" for hes great job, by making this guide.

However, I strugling with Part 9, I am able to locate "mangosd.conf.dist.in" and rest 2 files but can't find destination for them in: C:\\Mangos\\bin\\Win32_Release

My C:\\Mangos\\bin\\Win32_Release contains only these files:

Ace.dll

dbghelp.dll

libeay32.dll

libmySQL.dll

mangosd (application)

mangosd (Linker address map)

mangosd (Program Debug Database)

mangosscript.dll

mangosscript (Exports Library File)

mangosscript (Object File Library)

realmd (application)

realmd (Exports Library File)

realmd (Object File Library)

realmd (Linker Address Map)

realmd (Program Debug Database)

tbb.dll

tbbmalloc.dll

Can some one please help me with any tips what I have done wrong or any solutions?

Thanks in Advance

First of all, you only need the applications and the dll files, the other files are only used while compiling and now worthless, delete them for keeping the overview.

The config file must be placed in the same dictionary as the application, in your case "C:\\Mangos\\bin\\Win32_Release\\".

Further, if you extract the dbcs, maps and vmaps, the created folder with the specific names must also pe placed in the folder from the application, except you declare a "DataDir" in the mangosd.conf.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use