World of Warcraft Server for Windows - Installation Guide

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I have been following your guide for 3.3.3 (the latest)

These are my observations so far.

There is no instructions to install Tortoise SVN. I worked this out but others might not.

The main thing is C++ Express is now at version 2010

So the instructions you give in "PART 7 - CONFIGURING C++" have changed sadly

In fact I'm interested now how to set the folders you describe in C++ Express 2010 as it says that option has moved.

Also an explanation of what you expect to see when you compile.

I get these folders in my C:\\Mangos\\win\\VC100 folder

ace__Win32_Release

framework__Win32_Release

g3dlite__Win32_Release

game__Win32_Release

genrevision__Win32_Release

shared__Win32_Release

tbb__Win32_Release

tbbmalloc__Win32_Release

zlib__Win32_Release

Only one executable in the genrevision__Win32_Release folder called genrevision.exe

========== Build: 9 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

I have compiled Mangos 3.3.3a build 11723 (according to the readme) and ScriptDev2 1679.

I have the following questions about Part 10

• Download newest UDB database and the latest UDB update packs

• Update your World of Warcraft client to the supported version

Question 1

What UDB database should I be downloading? I could only find UDB_0.12.0_mangos_9582_SD2_1639.zip

This looks older that what I'm compiling. Also what updates will I need as well? If any?

Question 2

What is the best way to update your client?

I have the 10 day trial installed and updated to 3.3.3 11685 online

Where is the 3.3.3 11723 client?

Can I use the trial client and get it fully updated with content?

Question 3

Should I be compiling this version 3.3.3a build 11723 or an older version?

If so wheres the Mangos source downloaded from?

What exact UDB database and updates will I need?

After following the guide 100%, I get to step 18, which says

"• Launch C:\\Mangos\\realmd.exe and C:\\Mangos\\mangosd.exe."

But my realmd.exe and mangosd.exe are both in C:\\Mangos\\bin\\Win32_Release.

So I continued on until Part 20 - Running Your Server. It tells me to launch realmd.exe and mangosd.exe, but all that happens is the black console window pops up for half a second (not even long enough to read what it says) and closes again. Nothing else. Something obviously did not work correctly.

P.S. Do I set my realmlist.wtf (inside my client folder) to my computer/LAN IP or to my router IP? (While running both the client and the server from the same machine)

Seem you forgot PART 9 - INSTALLING MANGOS :)

The IP address is preferably the shortest way... so if its on same machine, i would suggest 127.0.0.1 ...on same network, the network ip ...and on the internet...of course the internet ip....

Thats why i've made 3 servers in the list PART 18 - SETUP BEHIND A ROUTER (the first one beiing already there)

Hmm, strange. I'm positive I moved those files when I got to that step, but the .exe .dll and .pdb files were still in the wrong place. Either way I manually moved them and they seem to be launching now.

I'm still getting an error:

SQL: SELECT required_9794_mangos_command FROM db_version LIMIT 1

query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_9794_02_mangos_command' in 'field list'

Table 'db_version' have field 'required_9539_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data' but expected

'required_9794_02_mangos_command'! Not all sql updates applied?

I tried updating all the mentioned files, then tried updating the corepatch files, then tried updating the updatepack files, then tried updating all of them, and nothing seems to be working.

Getting there... up to PART 15 - UPDATING YOUR DATABASE WITH SQL FILES

Yet again I'm running 3.3.3a 11723 (am not going to use ACID at the moment)

Here is whats in my databases

Characters:

character_db_version

required_9767_03_characters_characters

Mangos:

db_version

required_9539_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data

Realmd

realm_db_version

required_9748_01_realmd_realmlist

-

I need some help with an explanation here of how the UDB updates are applied.

I've imported the UDB_0.12.0_mangos_9582_SD2_1639.sql into Mangos and everything else as instructed in Part 14.

In my C:\\Mangos\\sql\\updates\\ I have a total of 28 versions newer than my current Mangos 9539_01?

The latest one is 9768_01_mangos_command.sql - there is no newer than Character 9767_03 and Realm 9748_01

The updates shown on the UDB website are as follows

http://unifieddb.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/unifieddb/trunk/Updates/0.12.0_additions/

388_corepatch_characters_9311_to_9582.sql

388_corepatch_mangos_9311_to_9582.sql

388_updatepack_mangos.sql

389_corepatch_characters_9583_to_9630.sql

389_corepatch_mangos_9583_to_9630.sql

389_updatepack_mangos.sql

390_corepatch_characters_9631_to_9763.sql

390_corepatch_mangos_9631_to_9763.sql

390_corepatch_realmd_9631_to_9763.sql

390_updatepack_mangos.sql

Question 1

According to the 388_corepatch_mangos_9311_to_9582.sql it's newer than my Mangos database so should this be updated?

How about the 388_updatepack_mangos.sql how am I suppose to know if this upgrades or downgrades me?

Question 2

Whats is the correlation between the corepatches and updatepacks and what is updated in what order?

As it looks like I have two sources two apply updates from.

Question 3

Since I have a newer UDB files for the Mangos database in my C:\\Mangos\\sql\\updates\\

Do I even need to update anything from the UDB website for Mangos?

Question 4

Is there any benefit in NOT updating to the latest?

Thanks for your help good learning experience by trying to wrap my head

around what file is for what and which order to do everything in.

Hi, using this guide, I found in drive C new folder with 32-letter name. There are 2 subfolders in it (amd64 and i386). Can you explain me what is this for? Are there any other folders or files created during instalation process?

If I want to remove all mangos files from my PC what should i do? Just delete my MaNGOS folder and whole mangos will be away? Or remove it somehow by GIT?

Krak, I have no such folder. Right click on the folder and do a properties to see when it was installed.

Or check a dll's properties or open an .inf file and see who published it. You will probably find it is a temp folder for a driver or an update.

As for removing your Mangos folder - You just delete it. Git is just used as a repository tool and in this case just to download the source.

Yep Shock, I have the same problems and the same questions. I've tried installing every comination of the update packs in every order conceivable all with similar errors below the query box and all with the same error when I try to start the server.

I've read all the recent threads and posts in this forum, including all 3 windows installation guides and the FAQ, but none of them are of any use trying to resolve this issue contrary to what all the "experienced" users seem to believe.

Well i'm about to reinstall everything in the following days ... since i had to format my wow server pc.... let say that the windows update messed it up ... i'll keep you posted

Btw for the SQL updates, for UDB and Mangos, i beleive they dont drop tables....contrary to ScriptDev2 ... so its not gonna downgrade, your jsut gonna end up with entry already exist etc....

"Shock" this mean your Characters and realmd db are up to date...altough you need to do the core and update patch #388 to #390 to upgrade your mangos db....

So yes i beleive theres will be a bunch of row that will say already exist ....until you reach 9539 ...but everything else should be fine...

I'm wondering altough why their UDB database wouldnt match exactly the next upgrade....anyway gota go

Take care

Krak, I have no such folder. Right click on the folder and do a properties to see when it was installed.

Or check a dll's properties or open an .inf file and see who published it. You will probably find it is a temp folder for a driver or an update.

As for removing your Mangos folder - You just delete it. Git is just used as a repository tool and in this case just to download the source.

I found that the folder name is the same as the commit number. I realy dont know why it is there on drive C, when I installed mangos to drive G. So I will left the folder there until my next update :P

btw. temporary: maybe it's just my browser but it seems that in your .doc file are missing parts 7-12

excuse me but here

• Click OK.

• When the transfer is completed, you can look at the bottom for the revision number such “At revision: 1643”

• Right click on C:\\Mangos and choose “Git Bash Here”

• Type the following command replacing the XXXX number with the number of the file located at the specified path:

git am src/bindings/ScriptDev2/patches/MaNGOS-XXXX-ScriptDev2.patch

i have a problem im using win7 32 bit english but one thing i don't understand, from your example the number of the file is the number that apears at revision? if not then can u tell me how can i find the number of the file that i have to tipe in the XXXX field thx very much!

Reread my last post again

If you cannot see that file then delete this folder C:\\Mangos\\src\\bindings\\ScriptDev2 and follow all the instructions in step 6 again.

This time let the SVN checkout complete and it will show a message at the end and you should see the patch file in that folder this time to get the number.

Very Nice Guide

But Ive got a problem, I did everything as said in the guide but when I try to launch Mangosd.exe the window just flashes and close. I've checked my Server.log and if anyone could me what my problem is and what to do would be greatly appreciated.

Here is my log:

2010-05-06 19:12:55 Using configuration file mangosd.conf.

2010-05-06 19:12:55 MySQL client library: 5.0.56

2010-05-06 19:12:55 MySQL server ver: 5.1.46-community

2010-05-06 19:12:55 ERROR:SQL: SELECT required_9826_01_mangos_spell_script_target FROM db_version LIMIT 1

2010-05-06 19:12:55 ERROR:query ERROR: Unknown column 'required_9826_01_mangos_spell_script_target' in 'field list'

2010-05-06 19:12:55 ERROR:Table `db_version` have field `required_9539_01_mangos_spell_bonus_data` but expected `required_9826_01_mangos_spell_script_target`! Not all sql updates applied?

Thank You!

lol you should remove your password from here...

It's simple, you haven't upgrade your database completely...

Check Part 15

** Now for the updates, you need to update the Core for your Mangos version witch you can get from either your C:\\Mangos\\sql\\Updates (This will contain the files from your last repository clone) or from the UDB team called “corepatch”. After that you’ll need to update your Contents with the “updatepack” from the UDB team

** Although, the UDB pack will give you a head start, it is better at the end to check your C:\\Mangos\\sql\\Updates folder since UDB doesn’t always have the core up to date

Well in Part 15, theres a way to see every database version, it's describe there

No you don't need to do UDB Core pack if you've done one by one the C:\\Mangos\\sql\\Updates since they are the same, a UDB Core pack is a bunch of sql\\updates in one pack...since they do not release as much Core pack as Mangos release sql\\updates (obvious reason), by using the core pack, you will need to complete them with the sql\\updates missing update...

Of course, you need to do the UDB Updatepack to get data in your table after your done with the Core pack

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use