Scrolls Of Different Ranks Stack Together

Guest yasuno

For instance, if you get all the different types of scroll of agility its the same spell except different ranks basically. Except you can stack all of them so you can run around with about 12 agility buff auras on you.. This is extremely unfair lol.

Rev - 9592

I think there is no spell_chain between this spell : Gift of the wild and this one : Mark of the wild, but you shouldn't stack them.

Another exemple : Fire resistance totem and Fire resistance aura should not be stackable.

On retail you can only have the spell which add the biggest amount of a same stat or at least if they grant the same value, one of them which is replaced by the new one.

Last example with stamina buffs : currently you can stack all these followings buffs Power Word : Fortitude and Fortitude and Scroll of stamina it's quite a big deal because you have about 300 more stamina that you can normally have.

Sorry for my english.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

so SPELL_ATTR_EX7_UNK28 related to buff stacking?

about the patch.. don't think that modifying each aura basepoints is a good idea, could cause asymmetric apply/remove, and aura value is lost in the process. Maybe better to calculate max value at apply/remove modifier.

Personally i think everything that adds a distinct buff icon should stack.. this is one of those stupid restrictions that blizz adds to the game.

Recently I've been trying some things in aura update to prevent stacking (mostly area auras from talents and totems).

Imho there are two ways of dealing with it. In abstract: in every aura update check if there are other buffs of this type, and if there are weaker ones then somehow freeze them (icon should be seen but have no effect) or do this when an aura applies/fades (more optimal I think).

Am I to understand you that if you buff

30IntScroll, 20IntScroll, that then only the 30IntScroll will have an effect, but when the 30IntScroll aura expires, the effect of the 20IntScroll will become active?

I think for now we all would be happy if

bool SpellMgr::IsNoStackSpellDueToSpell

would return better results ;)

30IntScroll, 20IntScroll, that then only the 30IntScroll will have an effect, but when the 30IntScroll aura expires, the effect of the 20IntScroll will become active?

I believe it is way it should work. You can read blue post about buff stacking http://www.wowwiki.com/Buff#Buffs.2C_debuffs.2C_and_raid_stacking_in_WotLK

No, this does not work like this.

If you buff yourself/anyone with 30 Int Scroll, then the attempt to buff the same target with 20 int scroll will result in an error message like "There is a better buff already".

For aura, only the highest is applied. If the owner is no more in range or no more alive, the next one applies (totem, paladin aura...)

For buffs with same level or higher than previous applied one, the last and higher one is applied and the other is canceled forever.

There is no error when applying a raid buff weaker than an existing one (it's just ignored) while you have a clear message if you try to single buff someone which already has a higher buff.

Neo2003

For aura, only the highest is applied. If the owner is no more in range or no more alive, the next one applies (totem, paladin aura...)

For buffs with same level or higher than previous applied one, the last and higher one is applied and the other is canceled forever.

How sp/haste buffs from procs from different trinkets or with wrath totem or demonic aura are handled?

Of course procs stack.

They don't stack only in case they are both same, like when you have berserker on 2 one hand weapon. If the second proc when the one did already, as far as I remember, the 2nd proc is ignored. Having 2 times the same proc just optimizes the uptime as long as they don't proc in the same period.

And for "on activation" item buffs, bliz clearly states on the item with what it does not stack: "... is sharing its cooldown with...." type of text.

Note: I talk about 3.3.x ofc.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use