Mangos LUA

Guest wow-masters

LUA will boost development of scripts for instances, etc. and what's written in LUA and 100% offi can be ported into C++

Unless it's absolute garbage SD2 would never accept, like 99% of the "work" I see coming out of Arc/Ascent's various Lua projects.

But you know what, I'm a man of choice, and I say go forward. If you want my advice, start from the ground up with Lunar, because the old mangos Lua system is a clusterfuck.

Yep. This is going to get ugly real quick. :P

In all seriousness, I'm all for adding Lua scripting as an alternative to SD2. It's not because I think Lua is technically superior or that SD2 is in some way inferior. On the contrary, I'm a die-hard SD2 fan and refuse to run my MaNGOS server without it or ACID. However, I do think that anything which increases exposure for MaNGOS and will allow far more people to participate in creating content is a very excellent reason this project be allowed to prosper.

MaNGOS is a learning project, but who said learning Lua scripting does not qualify? It would be as much a part of MaNGOS as SD2 and ACID currently are, should the developer(s) succeed in implementing it. Now, as Vladimir has said, this is not technically a Core Mod. It is a scripting engine that plugs into the core. This may be a good place to get things started, but some consideration will have to be given to either starting your own project website, like SD2, or moving this into a more appropriate sub-forum, such as Developer's Corner->General Discussion.

Good luck and I hope you succeed! :)

Unless it's absolute garbage SD2 would never accept, like 99% of the "work" I see coming out of Arc/Ascent's various Lua projects.

But you know what, I'm a man of choice, and I say go forward. If you want my advice, start from the ground up with Lunar, because the old mangos Lua system is a clusterfuck.

Of course sticking to the standards that SD2 sets

salja you can't help. you use a illegal vbulletin forum, you have stolen some things, etc.

you can stop insulting members and posting nonsense king48488.

salja or wow-masters ,if you make a forum with this engine please PM me ,i really want this new feature fully operational

Let's try not to get personal here. This entire community, not only the proposed MaNGOS-Lua project, would benefit greatly if everyone makes the effort to work for the overall good of the community. Keep focused on the coding and leave any real or imagined personal grudges somewhere else.

Let this be our motto:

Codito Ergo Sum.

I code, therefore I am.

Besides, you'd have to be a new kind of epic stupid to use stolen forum software for a public site, so I'll have to call BS on that accusation.

Besides, you'd have to be a new kind of epic stupid to use stolen forum software for a public site, so I'll have to call BS on that accusation.

why it is so stupid to use ilegal software,we all use a lots of pirated programs,so it does not matter in these days.

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy Terms of Use