[bug]Drain soul

Auntie Mangos

• 40 years later...

Mangos Version: 92xx

How it SHOULD work: If the target is at or below 25% health, Drain Soul causes four times the normal damage. And if you are healed the damage still causes four times the normal damage

How it DOES work :if you are healed the damage is normal, for example:

Target 25% hp---->cast drain soul,10k damage

Target is healed 100%hp--->Drains soul still does 10k damage

edit:

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=47855#comments

To clarify, you must begin channelling when the target is at or below 25% for the ticks to be four times the normal damage. For example, if you begin channelling at 40% and the target then drops below 25%, you will not see any additional damage (unless you recast the spell, of course).
To be noted: the bonus only occurs if the spell STARTS with the target at <25%, and will continue to do 4x until the end of that cast.

Example:

If you were to use Drain soul at 26% and take the mob to 24%, you would continue to deal 1x

If the Mob was taken to 24% while drain soul is being cast and healed above 25% you would continue to deal 4x

So it's bugged :D.

That´s not what i mean xD

i´ll take this from your post

To be noted: the bonus only occurs if the spell STARTS with the target at <25%, and will continue to do 4x until the end of that cast.

When you are channeling the spell and the target is healed, the damage stops doing 4x.

for example:

Start channeling at 25% 10k damage, during this channeling you heal at 90%, drain soul damage is 1x.

I hope you can understand what i mean

should be fixed in [9798]

but for drain soul, damage must be calculated only in time of spell start cast, not for every tick.

So when target has less then 25% health and during drain soul is healed over 25%, then he should still receive four times normal damage.

Also when target is taken below 25% health during drain soul, he should still receive only normal damage, not multiplicated damage

every tick of drain soul must have only chance to gain soul shard

but for drain soul, damage must be calculated only in time of spell start cast, not for every tick.

So when target has less then 25% health and during drain soul is healed over 25%, then he should still receive four times normal damage.

Also when target is taken below 25% health during drain soul, he should still receive only normal damage, not multiplicated damage

every tick of drain soul must have only chance to gain soul shard

so this is not happening after update?

• 1 month later...

Hi all, anyone know if there is a patch that fixes the bug of drain soul, which does not multiply by 4 the damage caused when the target is below 25% health?

If any of you know I would appreciate a patch that I'm just linking to where to look, thank you very much for your time.

Hi all, anyone know if there is a patch that fixes the bug of drain soul, which does not multiply by 4 the damage caused when the target is below 25% health?

If any of you know I would appreciate a patch that I'm just linking to where to look, thank you very much for your time.

drain soul is dealing this "execute" damage as it should

1) If you START CHANNELING drain soul when target has more than 25% hp, than drain soul should (and is) dealing normal damage - this normal damage is dealth even if target drops below 25% health during channeling.

2) If you START CHANNELING drain soul when target is below 25% hp, than drain soul should (and is) dealing "execute" damage - this damage is dealth even if target is healed to more than 25% hp during channeling.

drain soul is dealing this "execute" damage as it should

1) If you START CHANNELING drain soul when target has more than 25% hp, than drain soul should (and is) dealing normal damage - this normal damage is dealth even if target drops below 25% health during channeling.

2) If you START CHANNELING drain soul when target is below 25% hp, than drain soul should (and is) dealing "execute" damage - this damage is dealth even if target is healed to more than 25% hp during channeling.

Sorry, but according to the description of drain soul, the damage should be increased x 4 when the target is below 25% health. Until we agree.

The problem is that when you start to channel on a target that is 18% say the damage is not multiplied by 4, if that adds about 500 damage regardless of the sp you have.

That tells me that the spell is bug, because it does not multiply by 4, just apply a flat increase.

A warlock with 400 sp gives the same bonus to one in 3000 with the sp. sum always the same, never multiplies the damage.

Have you tried the spell and you would multiply x 4? Greetings.

Sorry, but according to the description of drain soul, the damage should be increased x 4 when the target is below 25% health. Until we agree.

The problem is that when you start to channel on a target that is 18% say the damage is not multiplied by 4, if that adds about 500 damage regardless of the sp you have.

That tells me that the spell is bug, because it does not multiply by 4, just apply a flat increase.

A warlock with 400 sp gives the same bonus to one in 3000 with the sp. sum always the same, never multiplies the damage.

Have you tried the spell and you would multiply x 4? Greetings.

Yes confirmed and I think I know where is the problem

1) without spellpower, damage is multiplied like it should

2) but with spellpower, it is not multiplied like it should

how it works now: base damage (without spelpower bonus) is multiplied by 4 and THEN spell power bonus has been added, so it may look like flat modifier

how it should work: to base damage must be applied spell power bonus first, and AFTER THAT, spell damage must be multiplied by 4

Ceris thank you very much, I think you are right and the problem comes in that multiplies the damage by 4 and then applies sp. So the increase is always the same.

Now, try to find how to solve that problem, but with my limited knowledge hinder me a bit. If you could give me some clue how to fix it would be very grateful. Also thank you for your time and I send greetings.

Yes confirmed and I think I know where is the problem

1) without spellpower, damage is multiplied like it should

2) but with spellpower, it is not multiplied like it should

how it works now: base damage (without spelpower bonus) is multiplied by 4 and THEN spell power bonus has been added, so it may look like flat modifier

how it should work: to base damage must be applied spell power bonus first, and AFTER THAT, spell damage must be multiplied by 4

that is exactly what i was trying to say

Thanks Ceris

I´ll try to revert commit 9962